Anthony

*ring*

I gathered my things and strolled to lunch. Once again alone. I sat on a bench and spotted Sailor, Emma and Penny chatting. I just wanted to be alone. I looked around and saw a boy approaching me. I started to fiddle with my hands. I was so nervous, I didn't know what to do. He was so close. He got closer and closer until, he passed right by me and got farther and farther. I looked down and felt a pang of sadness.

Just as that happened in the corner of my eye I saw a body sit next to me. I looked up and locked eyes with his deep green ones. He had light brown hair and the sweetest smile.

"Is your name Beth?," he asked.

"Yes," I replied, I felt my face get red, he looked perfect.

"I'm Anthony, I remember you from technology class," he said.

I certainly didn't remember him. He just kept looking at me and I started to feel very uncomfortable.

"Hey, I don't know much about you, ya seem quiet, have any friends?," he asked. 

"Yea, them," I pointed towards Sailor, Penny and Emma.

"Why aren't you talking with them?," he asked. His voice was so comforting. I feel like I could tell him anything.

"I guess I'm nervous," I said prepared for the next question.

"Why?," he asked as I knew he would.

"About the dance, they all have partners and I don't, I can't go alone and I can't not go, I'm just want to be alone, you know?," I said.

"Yea, well we could go if you'd like, I mean you don't really know me that we'll do you," he said.

"I guess not," I said with butterflies on my stomach. This was it. I am going to the dance with the most perfect boy one earth.

"Well we can meet at the park after school and talk," he said.

I smiled and said yes. He smiled to and that's when my heart skipped a beat. He walked away. I sighed and went over to my group.

"Guys, I think I've just fallen in love," I said.

They all turned to me with smiles. Emma squeezed me and forced me to speak.

"So his name is Anthony-" I said.

"Wait, Anthony!," screamed Emma.

"Yes, I told him how I don't have a partner, he suggested we should go together and he asked me to meet him at the park after school," I said.

Penny and Sailor freaked out and Emma still had her mouth wide open. I was so excited. My emotions were off the hook. I wanted to smile, laugh, cry, punch a wall. Whatever to get my emotions out!

"B-beth, Anthony is my ex," said Emma.

"Oh, well if you don't want me to-"

"No you can go, he's a nice guy, just not really my type, he couldn't stand our mall dates so that was our little feud," she said with a smile.

"Thanks Emma!," I hugged her just as the bell rang to get back to class. I smiled the whole time in class not focusing on the lesson what so ever. All I could think of was Anthony.