It's hard to bring a strong soul down

When we got home I put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. My dad was so proud of me! I rode my bike to Penny's house and they kindly let me stay for dinner. Me and Penny got some Lion King action figures and made a little movie with the video camera Penny got for her 10th birthday. I told her family about the auditions and they were all very happy for me. Penny's little sister Sara, looked amazed. She had a karaoke machine and loved to sing. Me and Penny raced upstairs after dinner to continue our movie.

"Look!" said Penny out of nowhere.

We ran to the window. The sun was setting and I had no idea what she was talking about.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you not see her!"

I looked to the sidewalk and saw Laura, a girl with short black hair and Mandy, my least favorite person at this time. Mandy had curly blond hair and an attitude like no other.

"What is she doing here?" said Penny.

"She must have seen my bike and found the perfect time to be a meanie"

"Your probably right, I bet they're finding a way to kill two birds with one stone" said Penny furiously. "But what are they up to?"

We kept watching for what felt like forever. They finally moved and Laura was heading to the door. WAIT NO! MY BIKE! She picked it up and hid it in a bush. Mandy laughed and Laura looked proud of herself.

"Lets go out and pretend we're going go to the park or something," I suggested.

Penny nodded and we raced down stairs. I opened the door and there they were acting like they were casually walking.

"Mandy, Laura!" I greeted. "Is that you?"

Mandy turned around with a face like she just saw a puddle of wee. "Ew, why are you talking to me?" she said.

"Well I came over to my dear friend Penny's house and my transportation was my dear bike, I happened to see outside of Penny's window two girls that look a lot like you hiding my bike in a bush and those two girls were you, why would you do something so odd and, well, stupid" I said calmly.

"I WAS NOT HIDING IT ON PURPOSE, I THOUGHT IT WASN'T YOURS AND SOMEONE MIGHT STEEL IT SO I PROTECTED IT, HOW CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU WORTHLESS FREAK!" screamed Mandy.

"I don't believe that Mandy, you've had quite a past" said Penny.

"She saying the truth and I don't know what you mean by having quite a past" said Laura.

I was annoyed but kept my cool.

"And by the way Mandy" said Penny. " Don't call my friend worthless, she is the youngest to be accepted into the talent show!"

Mandy snarled. They both turned and walked away. It was already getting dark and I went back home. It was Friday so I stayed up and watched Lion King with my family. We cozied up together. It was a peaceful night.