Youtube?

It was the weekend and I just wanted to forget. Forget everything really. My mum had a video due next week so she asked me to join her in recording. I said yes of course as I was really looking forward to that. I went downstairs and mum was getting the camera ready.

"You know all these videos for the website get uploaded on another website called YouTube as well," said mum.

"YouTube, what's that name supposed to mean, you're in a tube?," I said.

"Well it's a website where you upload videos of any kind!," she said.

"Any kind?!," I said. That website sounded amazing! I could upload videos about my pets, singing, anything!

"Yes, now lets get started," said my mum. Before I knew it she flipped on the camera.

"Hello everyone, I am Cheryl, I have newly joined Good Eats and am here to show you how to make a quick and easy apple fritter," said mum. I felt very awkward in the background as she spoke.

"I am also being joined by my daughter Beth, this recipe is a fun family meal for the whole family to enjoy the cooking and eating part," my mum said with a smile. I sorta just awkwardly waved at the screen as she said that. The whole time I was really just imagining what having a YouTube channel would be like! What if I became a star! What am I saying! Like that would ever happen.

"Beth could you grab the brown sugar," asked mum. I walked over and put it next to a bowl.

~after the video~

"Great work Beth!," said mum.

"Thanks, do you think I could get my own channel?," I asked. Please be yes!

"Sure, you can go on the computer if you'd like and start it," she said. It was almost too easy! I ran to our big old school box computer and began. Hmm... what could my channel name be. Maybe because it's an animal account too and I might upload videos in the park by the duck pond I'll just call it "I Speak Duckism"! That's a cute name. I typed it in and began to fill out passwords and all those sorts. Finally, it was over. I had my first ever YouTube channel!

Hiya! So this is actually true. Sqaishey started her first ever YouTube channel when she was 13 and it was called "I Speak Duckism". If you look for it know though I believe it was deleted! Sorry for the short and boring chapter! - Emily