Highschool

I opened my eyes to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. I slammed my hand on it to shut off and than got dressed. I walked out the doors with a light backpack not yet filled with papers and books. I walked over to Penny's house on the way to school and waited for her. Finally I saw the door creek open.

We walked to school slower than usual talking about how nervous we were. I was going to tell her about what I over herd from my parents but I didn't want to get her worried. Suddenly she stopped walking.

"I need to tell you something," she said nervously.

"What is it?," I asked.

"Well last night I made my normal run to the library and I-I s-s-saw-,"

"Let it out," I interrupted.

"I saw," there was a long pause. "James."

"And?"

"Well he talked to me," she said. "He apologized and asked if I herd about what happened between you two, I said yes of course but his words weren't exactly what startled me, you see, he looked at me differently that night, a look I've never seen in my life."

"Was it good?," I asked.

"I'm not sure," she replied.

The conversation ended there and we set off to school. When we got there we instantly saw Sailor looking at a drama club poster. She was talking to another girl as well.

"Hi Sailor," I said.

"Hi guys, this is Emma by the way we literally just met," said Sailor.

"Hi Emma I'm Beth," I replied politely.

"Penny," said Penny shyly,"that's my name".

Emma smiled and began to talk about her schedule. She was very cheery and perky. I kinda liked that about her though. She was so positive. We went to look around and began to find spots for our lockers. We found 3 lockers right next to each other. Emma went over to her group and said bye. I smiled and said bye as well.

When I locked up my new locker and began searching for me schedule I noticed who Emma hanged out with. There were a few snobby yet fairly pretty girls. Although every time you glance at them you can't help to notice the piles of makeup that are covering there true face. I also couldn't help to notice two other girls who I couldn't pass up. A blond girl with short curly hair as well as a girl with long black and slick hair. Mandy and Laura.

They were always very rude to me but they finally did shut up after I won 2nd place in the talent competition.

"Penny look," I said while pointing at the group.

"Yea I noticed, quite a surprise ain't it, Emma is nothing like them," said Penny.

We went our ways and headed to class. My first lesson was English. The most boring of them all. Someone save me.

~time skiperdoodle~

When school ended I went home and walked Pepsi to the park. I sat on a bench to do my home work. The weather was nice. Sunny with a bit of a breeze. As I worked on some math I saw someone sit next to me in the corner of my eye. I turned and jumped.

"James you scared me!" I said.

"Sorry," he said with a chuckle.

Everything went silent. It was honestly so awkward that I had to say something.

"So Penny told me about you know everything and I think I've thought about it enough,"

"So what do you think?"

"I forgive you and I want us to be friends again,"

"Thanks Beth," he said with a smile which made me smile.

"So whatcha working on?" asked James.

~time skiperdoodle~

We both began to laugh. We couldn't stop smiling.

"You know I really miss your sense of humor," I said while smiling.

"I missed your presence too," he said also smiling.

We walked home together as it was getting late. My homework was finished for the week as well. He waved bye as I walked into my house. I shut the door, sighed, and went on with that night of dinner, annoying brothers, and sleep, lots of needed sleep.