Lets talk

I opened my window and pocked out my head. They both looked relieved like they were glad it was just me looking out the window. What were they doing here? Ralph! Why is he here? I ran downstairs and saw my brother riding on his bike probably coming home from his friends house. His eyes widened as I ran up to James and Ralph.

"BETH!" he screamed as I kept moving. I got right in front of the two boys.

"Get out of here," I said calmly. "Both of you".

James looked hurt and Ralph looked bummed. When they were both standing next to each other I couldn't help to notice what similar features they had. Dominic ran beside me.

"Since when have the two of you been hanging out," said Dominic.

"OI SINCE WHEN ARE YOU DE BOSS ROUN HE'!" spat Ralph. James looked nervous like he was trying to get a word out but couldn't. Dominic and Ralph seemed very angered towards each other. Especially looking back at the old times.

"SO 'OW YE AN' REBECCA BEEN DOIN' EH!" said Ralph in the same tone as always.

"In fact we are still happily together," said Dominic. A flash of anger sparked in Ralph's eyes. He signaled for him and James to leave but James wouldn't move. Except he kept staring at me and it was starting to get uncomfortable. He opened his mouth and finally words came out.

"I need to talk to you, alone," he said quietly. So quiet I think I was the only one who herd. I gave him a stare dead center in his eyes. I yanked him by the shirt and pointed to the scar on the side of my head. The scar that was created by him.

"See this, this gives me the right to smack you across the face, and I haven't because that's not the type of person I am," I said strongly.

"Please," he said just as quietly as the first time.

"Only because I need some explaining I'll let you talk," I said.

We walked to the back yard and sat under a tree.

"I'll start," I said. "Why are you here with Ralph?"

He looked nervous.

"Well he's... urm... my brother"

"WHAT!" I said almost instantly.

"Yea"

"And why did you come here?"

"For this reason right here"

"What?"

"I needed to talk to you Beth, I miss you"

"After everything you've done"

"Please I need to explain-"

"You sure do"

"Look.. the reason I got so mad was... well... the night you were going to stop Ralph. Well I was looking threw the window as it all happened and every time you come to "my house" it's really my grandmas house. Its just I didn't want you to know about Ralph and when you said no when I asked you out it got me angry. Because the night you guys came my brother cried and locked himself in his room for 2 days. He seriously only left to go to the bathroom, not even to eat or drink. I guess it got me mad and your no just lit the bomb inside me waiting to burst"

"I get it"

Everything went silent for a long time. Was I ready to forgive James? I checked the time as I looked threw the window into my house were the grandfather clock sat in the corner. It was 5:45 p.m. and time to go to Sailors house. I knew I had to talk this all over to Penny.

"Thank you James, I still need time to think over things, meet me at my house after school on the first day back at high school."

I went back inside to finish packing and hopped on my bike to head over to Sailors house.