Chapter 21

Skylar's Pov.

Today was a really fun day. James and I went to the gardens and then took a boat ride to this mini island where we stayed for the sunset. It was truly beautiful. Throughout the day James seemed a little worried that he'd say something wrong or do something wrong. I mean I get it that he regrets what he did but I'm not in the mood to ruin my vacation and run away from him.

Currently it's 2:25 am and where on our way back to the hotel. Just a quiet walk along the empty city. I tried to start a conversation but James just shrugs and keeps quiet. Like literally , How are you? ~ shrugs , Did you like today?~ shrugs, Are you excited for tour?~ shrugs. Basically after about 5 shrugs I gave up and stayed quiet. For my luck the hotel was a minute away so I didn't have to deal with this awkwardness any longer.

We got to the hotel taking the elevator up to our floor. Even the ride was silent... It was more silent than a fricken funeral! The elevator stopped and opened on our floor. We both got out , Still , without a word. I got to my room mumbled a goodnight and started to open the door.

"Sky wait..." Finally after 2 and a half hours he finally spoke.

I turned around to face him, he looked really nervous and anxious about something.

"Look I'm sorry that I haven't said a word to you but , I've been thinking and... Skylar... Honestly I have no idea how you still manage to keep up with me. I keep on losing your trust but you're still there! You're the best thing that has happened to me ever since Tris brought you over for rehearsals. When I saw you ... I immediately knew that I wouldn't be able to forget you or just not fall in love.... Listen Sky... I know I'm horrible and I know that I'm a true mess , but I like you... For God's sake I love you Skylar! And i hope , with all my heart that you'll at least like me back... " As he finished he took my hands and looked me straight in the eyes...
"Do you ?" James asked

I looked everywhere trying to avoid his gaze... I can't! At least not right now! I got light headed and started sweating...

"J-j-james  i-i-i ..." I mumbled out.

"I can't I'm sorry..." I let go of his hands and ran to my room my feet almost giving up on me. I closed the door and looked it sliding down the door as I couldn't stand on my own feet. My breath started to increase and I felt light headed. I started to look around for anything to help me. I noticed my phone on the ground. I unlocked it and rang the first person. Thank god it was Tristan... I just hope that James didn't get to the room yet.

"Hello?" Asked a tired Tristan

"Tris... Tristan... I need ... I need help... Please... I... I can't breathe ... Tristan..."

"Sky?! Oh my god Im on my way... Calm down !" He yelled

He ended the call and I was left alone. By this time I was laying on the floor trying to get my breath back to normal.

"Skylar!" Shouted Tristan as he got in my room. Thank god I gave him a spare key! I soon felt light headed and closed my eyes...

The only thing I remember is someone picking me up bridal style and running out the door. Then I blacked out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a weird looking room... Well maybe the room was ok but my sight was really fuzzy. I had some tube going up my lungs and I could barely move. What happened?

Just as I was about to say something my mom and brother darted in the room... Wait what?!

"Honey! I'm so happy you're okay!" My mom exclaimed engraving me in a slight hug.