three

i was happy when lunch rolled around, and i could see my best friends. and escape the new kid.

of course he ended up in my period four and five. and of course he sat next to me and tried to talk to me throughout the periods. if he's in my period six or seven, i don't know what i'll do.

i sat down at the table we usually do, and as usual i was the first one there since the others walk so slow.

i was about to take a bite of my burger when someone took a seat next to me.

"hi, lyric." and it was yugyeom. "is it okay if i sit here?"

no.

"you'll have to wait until my friends get here to know." i took a bite and chewed slowly and thoroughly so that i wouldn't have to speak to him again.

i could see him smiling at me out of the corner of my eye. what's up with him?

"hey, lyric. who's this?" jimin took her seat across from me and nodded towards yugyeom.

"i'm yugyeom. i'm the new guy." he turned his attention to jimin (thankfully). "you are?"

"jimin. or jamie." she smiled at him.

i shook my head and rolled my eyes. she only introduces herself as jamie when she finds a guy attractive.

he smiled back at her. "nice too meet you. is it okay if i sit here?"

"yes of course. did lyric tell you no?" she glanced at me. "don't listen to her, she can be pissy."

i threw a crouton from my salad at her. "shut up, jamie."

she laughed. "see? she just threw food at me! what a waste." she said before picking the crouton off her shirt and eating it.

i rolled my eyes again as mark, jackson, and jaebum joined us.

"hello, ladies. and new guy?" jackson raised an eyebrow at yugyeom.

"i'm yugyeom. i-"

"he wants to sit here but he doesn't have to. i'm sure there are other seats." i cut him off, finished my sentence with a smile.

yugyeom sighed next to me.

"lyric, chill. what's wrong with him sitting here?" mark questioned.

i didn't want to say he was annoying so i just shrugged.

jaebum scoffed. "so it's fine if he sits here."

i somehow knew he'd up sitting here.

-