sixteen

my day was going pretty fast and unproblematic, and i was quite grateful.

and when lunch rolled around, i was even more grateful to see my friends.

yugyeom and i walked down to the cafeteria next to each other; him on his phone, me actually paying attention to where i was walking.

when we finally got to the table, the others had arrived first once again.

"you two have been arriving late lately. anything we should know about?" jaebum raised an eyebrow at us as we sat down.

"shut up. yugyeom just walks slow." i rolled my eyes while glancing at yugyeom, who still had his face in his phone.

i was very curious as to what had his attention, but i didn't want to just peek over his shoulder or anything.

"hey, yugyeom!" jackson yelled, not too loud, to get yugyeom's attention.

yugyeom quickly lifted his head, startled.

"why don't you put your phone away and join the group?" jimin smiled.

he offered a small smile back before locking his phone and shoving it in his pocket.

"so yugyeom, do you have your eye on any girls?" mark asked while winking at me discreetly.

i felt my cheeks heat up, so i quickly dropped my head and stared at my lap.

yugyeom nervously chuckled. "i mean i guess, but-"

"is iT LYRIC?!" jackson cut him off, slamming his hands down on the table.

all of our heads snapped to look at him, before everyone turned their attention to yugyeom.

yugyeom looked over at me, and we locked eyes.

as we looked into each other's eyes, i swear it was like that annoying voice in my head that kept saying he was bad got murdered by the good voice.

it's like i could see past his eyes, and see how amazing he was proving himself to be.

he smiled at me slightly before turning back to jackson.

he nodded slightly. "yeah, how'd you know?"

jackson started acting like some twelve year old who just won tickets to their favorite artist while jaebum and mark narrowed their eyes at yugyeom.

"yugyeom, everyone likes lyric." jimin spoke up before she looked down at her tray of food.

she was bitter. and i hated it. but it's not like i want all the attention i get, and sometimes i wish she understood that better.

"yugyeom, you can have your eye on her, but just know that i think of her as my little sister." mark raised his brow at yugyeom.

instantly, yugyeom's eyes widened. "i would never try to do anything she didn't want or that would make her uncomfortable!"

"we just have to make sure our little girl is protected." jaebum added in.

"you don't have to worry, she doesn't even like me like that."

after the words left his mouth, jimin stood abruptly and walked out of the cafeteria without saying a word.

"what's her problem?" jackson asked after calming down.

"it's me. you know how she gets." i sighed before standing up and going after her.

my big mistake.

-