nine

the last five minutes rolled around quite quickly, which i'm grateful for.

yugyeom actually didn't bother me all through seventh period.

but as soon as the teacher said we could "do whatever" until we leave, yugyeom turned to face me with a smile.

"hi, lyric. did you enjoy your day?"

"why do you want to hang out?" i asked in a quite monotone voice.

before he could answer, jaebum walked over to us.

"hey, jaebum." yugyeom nodded his head in a greeting way.

jaebum did the same before turning his attention to me. "did you get jimin's text? she's having a 'crisis' and needs us at her house."

i could tell by the way his eyes were moving that this was a lie. he overheard yugyeom trying to get me to hang out, and he was currently saving me.

i love my friends.

"oh, is she okay?" yugyeom asked, clearly concerned even though it wasn't his business.

"uh i mean hopefully. but we won't know until we get to her." jaebum improvised.

"so i guess we can't hang out today. sorry." i shrugged, clearly without sincerity.

yugyeom looked a little sad. "it's okay. i hope everything is okay with jimin. we can hang out any any point, but you should be with her."

wow. that was like... really nice and stuff.

jaebum was lost. i was lost. and yugyeom looked like a puppy that just got scolded.

and suddenly i felt a bit of guilt for rejecting him.

what if he found it this was a lie? i don't want him to hate me.

my life is a mess.

-