twenty one

i was disappointed to see that yugyeom wasn't in school the next day.

i was also disappointed to see that jimin was sitting next to kunpimook, his arm slumped around her shoulders.

the sight made me sick, but it was basically my fault.

"lyric?" mark's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

i looked over at him and raised an eyebrow, asking what i missed.

"i asked where you and yugyeom were yesterday. are you okay?" jaebum asked.

"yeah no i'm fine. i just feel shitty about the jimin thing, which i'm sure you guys heard about." i sighed.

"yeah everyone is talking about it. but jimin hasn't talked to us. like at all." jackson picked at his food.

my eyes widened. "i'm sorry. it's all my fault. if i-"

"stop, don't just blame yourself. you're both at fault." mark patted my shoulder.

"enough about jimin. where'd you and yug go?" jackson asked while wriggling his eyebrows.

i had to hide the smile that was trying so hard to form on my face as i thought about the kiss that yugyeom and i shared.

when i realized i was taking a while to answer the question, i cleared my throat and sighed.

"he just took me to his house, and he cleaned my cuts. we just hung out there and then he took me home."

"you were at his house all day?" jaebum asked, his eyes widening.

i nodded. "okay but nothing happened. you guys know me."

"and he didn't try anything, right? because don't get me wrong, i like the kid, but i'll teach him a lesson if needed." mark flexed his arms while making a fist, causing me to laugh.

"no, he didn't try anything, you psycho." i joked and the four of us laughed together.

and while it was nice, i couldn't stop thinking about why yugyeom was absent.

-