Chapter 21: Endless Torment

It had been some time that Nino had been asking Alya out again every time he saw her. She continued to say no and every time she did it hurt a little more than the last.

He was losing hope, but he wanted to try again. Maybe this one will be good, he thought. Maybe this time she will say yes. He sat in his living room watching the news and drinking some coffee. He thought of what he would do for her.

As he thought he came to a realization that he didn't see before. "She wants me to feel this way." He said aloud almost spilling his coffee.
He began to think about past times he asked her out and how every time she would lecture him about how she was worth more then he thought and how she always sad something that made him know she didn't give up on him yet.

She wants me to feel how she felt, he thought leaning back on the couch. everything made since now. He realized her whole evil plan, but he knew he deserved it.

The only question he had was how was he supposed to get past this game that Alya watched him play.

Meanwhile, Alya had been stressing for school. She had some midterms coming up and she was stressing like usual. She usually got good grades on her exams without a problem because she was so interested in what she was doing, but Nino was clouding her mind so she had no idea what was going on in her classes.

She was getting tired of the game and by now she wanted to give up. He kept trying and trying, but she never saw him feel what she felt.

She decided to go out to the park to study with some of her college friends. She wasn't really close with them, but they invited her to a study group, so why not.

She got ready and packed all of her stuff in a bag. Just as she opened the door Nino was there. "I have to get to a study group." Alya said as she stepped out and locked the door.

"I can walk you." Nino said as he looked at her. He didn't know how he was going to approach this. He just got dressed and came here.

"Okay." Alya sighed.

"How have you been?" Nino asked as they walked.

"Good."

"Where is your study group?"

"The park."

"What are you studyi-"

"What do you really want?" Alya asked him.

"I wanted you to know that I get it now." Nino said smiling at her.

"What exactly do you get?" She looked at him confused.

"That you want me to feel like you did." He said bluntly.

Alya's eyes widened as she kept walking forward. "What does that mean?" She said trying to seem clueless. She didn't expect him to understand what was going on and she's definitely didn't think he would come up to her and talk about it.

"Alya." He looked over to her as she kept looking forward. "You already know what I'm talking about." He chuckled.

There was silence. Alya didn't know how to respond to him she just kept walking.

"Look." Nino said as he looked at her. "I felt your pain okay." He said with a bit of sadness. "You might not think so but I have and I'm really sorry for doing that to you." Nino said honestly.

Alya just kept walking looking forward trying not to cry. "I'm sure you are." She said her voice shaky and her eyes glistening.

"If I wasn't why would I still be here apologizing to you almost every day." He looked at her noticing she was becoming said. "Everything I'm saying is the truth, Al."

Alya nodded. "I know it is." She responded still looking straight.

"Then why are we still at this little game?" He looked to her confused.

Alya didn't say anything.

"I don't want to keep waiting for you. I want to have you and I have a feeling you want the same. I mean we have been through all of this and I told you how I feel. What are we awaiting f-" Nino said before getting interrupted. Not from her speaking and making another lecture but something... different.

Alya pulled on his shirt so he reached her height.

Then she kissed him.

She squinted her eyes as hard as she could as a tear fell from her eye. She began remembering how it was to kiss him before. It was nice. The puzzle fit and she liked it. She kept thinking about why she waited. She didn't know why. She just knew that now was perfect and everything was fitting back together. She didn't want to stop but she knew she had to.

She looked at him to see his reaction. He stood there awkwardly his eyes closed. He slowly opened them and looked at her, smiling. He didn't know what it meant, but he enjoyed it so it didn't matter to him at the moment. He wiped her tear and then cupped her cheek.

She looked at him smiling. "I have a study group to get to." She began to walk away.

"What..?" Nino whispered. "Your gonna kiss me like that and leave?" He looked at her and he couldn't stop smiling.

"I guess I am." She said turning to look at him with a shrug and a small smile. She began walking again as Nino watched.

He didn't know what was going on, but he knew that he was getting back together with her, and no matter what he was going to marry this girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm writing a new story called "The Adventures of Hiromi Fujioka" it's an Ouran High School Host Club fanfic and I'm really proud of it! It's about Haruhi's twin Hiromi and how she deals with being a host and all. I hope you will read it. Anyway, what did you think of the chapter?! Was it good? Let me know in the comments. :)
With love,
Lauryn