Chapter 27: The Miracle of Life

A couple years went by and everything was going well. Alya and Nino were both doing really well in their jobs and Milkbone was as active as ever. They had even bought a house. They started trying to have a baby again. It took a while for Alya to agree to even try because she was scared to go through all of the heart break again.

It didn't take long for Alya to become pregnant again. She was nervous but hopeful. She wanted everything to work out for her baby. She had waited a couple weeks to tell Nino and eventually it was time to tell him.

She got Milkbone and put a ribbon around his collar with a note. He ran to Nino and sat in front of him while Nino watched tv.

"Hey buddy." Nino said as he let the dog. "What's this?" He asked as he took the ribbon off of the dog and opened the note.

Nino,

Go to the kitchen, I have a surprise for you!

Love, Alya

Nino got up and went to the kitchen. He looked on the counter to see a box with a sticky note on it that said "open me!" He opened it and there was a hamburger bun.

"What?" He said with a chuckle. He took it out and under the bun was another note. "Put me in the oven!" it said so Nino did it. "Al what is going on?" He asked as he looked at the bun in the oven. "Wait. The bun in the oven. Alya?" He said as he looked behind him to see Alya with a smile.

"You're pregnant?" He asked looking to her happily as she nodded. "Alya!" He smiled as he picked her up and hugged her. He was ecstatic. He wanted to be a dad so bad. Not long after they found out Marinette was pregnant again. She was excited that they would be born around the same time.

They had a double baby shower with the gender reveal. They had boxes with balloons to reveal.

Everyone thought that it would be two boys except for a few. Marinette wanted a boy so it could be even since they already had a daughter named Emma. Alya was fine with either. Nino and Adrien both wanted boys too.

"Okay on three we open it together." Alya smiled to Marinette as they looked at each other's visible baby bumps.

"One." Alya said.

"Two." Marinette smiled.

"Three!" They both said as they opened the boxes with their husbands. Out of Marinette's came blue balloons and out of Alya's came pink.

"Ahh!" Alya and Marinette screamed happily as they hugged each other then their husbands.

"Mari do you know what this means?" Alya said tearing up.

"They are going to have to be together. I ship it." Marinette teared up as well. They hugged and started crying and laughing at the same time.

"Hormones am I right?" Alya asked as she wiped her eyes and Marinette nodded.

They celebrated and everything was going good with Alya's baby. They decided to name her Victoria. Alya thought it was pretty and Nino didn't even mind. He was ecstatic to hold her in his arms.

Not long after, Alya was in labor. They headed to the hospital and she had her baby. Her name was Victoria Mae Lahiffe. She was healthy and had the cutest little nose. She also had a full head of dark brown hair. She was a relatively quiet baby and only cried when she was hungry and wanted attention. She spent most of her time in the arms of her parents. About two months after Marinette had her baby named Elijah and he was the cutest as well.