Not Alone

"So you found our daughter, she was right there in front of you, and you let her go?" Daenerys asked Jon as he finished telling her what happened. "Why didn't you take her? What made you leave our daughter?"

"She had a mission Dany, to be rid of the men who were hunting dragons. She had three of her own as well, I saw them, really beautiful creatures they were and they loved her." Jon said, praying his wife wouldn't stab him in the chest with the cheese knife that was beside her hand on the table. "Besides she was very unsure about what I told her, as if she couldn't really believe it."

He watched as his wife's hand curled around the handle of the knife and grip it tightly  efore releasing it and placing it back on the plate.

"My poor baby. All alone, surrounded by strangers and struggling to remember who she was." Dany sighed glancing at Jon. "A Targaryen alone in the world is truely a terrible thing Jon, especially if she was facing the same situations as us."

"She will through love, she always has been able to. Remember that time she caught a horrible fever that Sam told us she may die from it?"

When Ash was ten she had somehow caught a nasty fever where she was all bundled up in furs, sweating buckets and crying and coughing violently and at one point vomiting. No matter how many different maesters came to check on her they all said the same thing; that she would surely die. Yet she never did. One morning Arya had went to give her a tonic and found Ash sitting up in bed and reading as if she had not been sick at all.

"This is no fever Jon, she can't even remember how she lost her memories or washed up with three eggs."

"She remembers, it's still in her head but it's locked away and she needs to find the key to it." Jon said walking over to his wife and placed a hand on her cheek. "And she may be alone but she has people who love and care about her who will guide her and some non-human companions to protect her and guide her as well just like we had them before we became king and queen."

Daenerys looked into her husband's cool grey eyes and softly smiled. No matter how many times people have told her that Ash looked exactly like her, she could always see some of Jon's own features etched into his daughter's face like the shape of their eyes and the way they often smiled.

"She will come back, someday she will. And by then, she will be a full grown woman with her dragons and direwolf at her side and her companions who are fighting besides her." Jon promised. "She'll make an even bigger entrance than you did when you finally came home and when I laid eyes on you for the first time."

"Perhaps by the time she comes home she might have either a husband or a lover." Dany said with a chuckle. "She always did say she wanted a man who had the North in his bones and could put up with her."

"She'll probably find one among the Vikings, I always knew she'd like to fall in love with someone who wasn't even in her social status and was as wild as the Free Folk." Jon chuckled, trying to imagine his daughter kissing or even showing affection to a man. The image was quite impossible since the only men she ever showed affection to and who weren't related to her by blood was Jamie, Jorah, Tyrion, Theon, Sam, some of his companions from the Night Watch and Greyworm and her mother's blood riders.

"What a day that would be." Dany chuckled. "And a grand one as well."