Chapter 6: Back Together

"Do you want to go on a date?"
"W-what." Dipper replied.
"Jeez, why so hesitant?" Pacifica
Dipper put his hands in his pockets. He let out a sigh. They hot air created steam from his mouth. The two were outside. It was morning and bitter cold.
Pacifica was about to repeat her question when Dipper stepped in.
"Sorry," He forces a laugh. "I guess I'm just surprised is all." His words began to stumble back. He really didn't know how to effectively finish that sentence. Or why he was so hesitant to go out with Pacifica after all this time.
"Surprised?" She disputed with a noticable dip in her attitude.
"Well yeah just we haven't really done that much since you left for college. I don't know? Just don't listen to me. Yes. I'd love to go out again."
"Oh, well okay." Pacifica said.
"Great! Where did you want to go?"
"Can we maybe just walk around town?"
"Whatever you want." Dipper said.
The sound of a truck was hard outside the Mystery Shack.
They turned to see Soos loading up some boxes.
"This is the last trip dude, you want me to drop these off at your new place?"
"Sure, thanks Soos." Dipper yelled back.
"Wait, new place?" Pacifica questioned.
"Oh right, I forgot to tell you. I found an apartment just a couple minutes outside the Falls we could even walk to it." Dipper told her.
"Awesome. We have to check it out." Pacifica exclaimed.
They started walking down the parking  which would begin their first real date in literal years.

"There seems to be a lot going on without me." Pacifica said.
There was a long pause before Dipper replied.
"Hey Pacifica, no more secrets, cool."
Pacifica looked at his hand extended as if to make a deal. And the smile plastered on Dippers face.
Could she assume the responsibility to shake that hand and make such a deal. She began to doubt herself. But it was for Dipper...

"Yeah, no more secrets." She said...

...with her fingers crossed.