Chapter 20: Recognition

Trey and Dipper arrived at the former Northwest Mansion; This one much larger. The family's wealth was at its peak when they had occupied this estate. As the two drove into the driveway, they noticed the gate was open. They pulled up the hill to see the massive estate.
"Unbelievable, they use to live here?" Trey asked in amazement.
"I know." Dipper said, unphased.
The courtyard was covered in junk and gadgets; likely due to the new resident occupying the mansion.
To their dismay, other than the gate being open, the house looked secure and undisturbed.
"Egh, I may've been wrong." Trey admitted.
Dipper looked around. He was upset.
"Another dead end." He said in disappointment.
Trey wheeled the car around and they began to go back the way they came. As they drove down to the gate, Dipper noticed a sensor. One, he recognized, that would ring on another part inside the house if a car were to pass by.
"You know, I think I'm okay walking the rest." Dipper said.
The car stopped.
"You sure?"
"Yeah. Thanks for the help."
Dipper opened his door and the two waved goodbye. He waited for Trey to be out of sight before facing the front gate of the Northwest Mansion. Dipper re-entered, careful not to be in the path of the sensor. He ran up the driveway ducking behind a tree every few yards.
He made his way to the front of the mansion, where everything appeared the same. Except to the far left of the house, in a window the light flipped on. It's was becoming dimmer and brighter indicating the movement of someone inside.
Of course, if someone knew we were coming they would've made the house appear deserted. Thought Dipper, thinking back to the driveway sensor.
Now to find a way in. Dipper looked around for some sort of entrance to the house without drawing attention.
His prayers were answered when he saw the curtains on the inside of a first story window flutter. He slowly moved towards the window. It was slightly opened, just enough for him to get a hand under it and open it fully. He slipped though.
Suddenly, movement in the bushes caused Dipper, in his panicked state, to turn around. Nothing was there.
Must have been an animal. He reassured himself.
He continued to go through the opening in the window. Dipper had successfully entered the estate.
I'm coming Pacifica!
He disappeared into the mansion.