Chapter 10: An Attack

Skollña walked out, wearing different clothes. Whereas before, she had been wearing a simple white t-shirt and black leggings, torn through the processes of her mutation, she now wore the clothes her mother had made for her, with adjustments for her wings and tail. A belt hung off her hips, weighted with a set of tonfa blades, her father's gift. A small pouch sat further back, near the base of her tail. A strap held a bō staff across her back, between her wings. The staff was short enough to allow fluid movement without getting in the way. Bandages wrapped around her feet, similar to the way boxers would wrap their hands and wrists.

The turtles appraised her clothes and weaponry, and approved. It wasn't traditional ninja attire, but it allowed her to blend in easier. They left the ruins of the apartment complex as orange joined pink in the morning sky. They were halfway back to the lair when the Foot Clan decided to make an appearance.

"Surrender!" one soldier shouted. There were about twenty Foot soldiers, all armed with various weapons, mainly a single short katana. The brothers merely grinned and drew their weapons.
"Come and get us," Raph's grin grew wider. The soldiers attacked. As swords clashed, a gust of wind, ignored by the turtles, blew past their shells. As more soldiers fell, the first to speak pulled out a phone.
"We've found them! Requesting backup in Quadrant Four!" The soldier had barely finished when he disappeared. The turtles, still occupied with the remaining soldiers, didn't notice. Only when the soldier fell from the sky, screaming, and landed on a soldier that had snuck around behind Leo, did they notice the shadow above them. Said shadow dove from the sky, drawing a tonfa on the way down. Flaring her wings, Skollña put her feet in front of her body, kicking a soldier out of the way, before landing on top of him and hitting his head with the flat of the blade. More soldiers leapt onto the rooftop.
"Let's get outta here!" Mikey shouted. The brothers agreed, and began running. Skollña grabbed a smoke bomb from the Foot soldier under her, and threw it in front of her. She ran behind the turtles, occasionally stumbling, as she was still getting used to her oddly angled legs. Her eyes were tinged red, instincts in complete control.

Arriving at a manhole that would lead them back to the lair, Leo threw open the cover, and ushered everyone in, before jumping in and closing it behind himself. Laughing from the general success of the encounter, the brothers and their new acquaintance headed back to the turtles' home.