Chapter 23: Fading

"Skollña, Skollña! Wake up!" I groaned, eyes slowly blinking open. Above me hovered an anxious Leo. I sat up, rubbing my head.
"What happened?"
"Once the ball of electricity disappeared, you fainted and fell to the ground,"
"So that's why my bones ache," I chuckled. "How are they?"
"Peachy," I heard Raphael grunt. I let out a relieved laugh. I looked over to see bandages snuggly wrapped around Donatello and Michelangelo's shells. Donnie was tending to Raph.

I watched as the bodies of the other mythical beasts began to fade. I assumed they were being returned to their home realms. Any living creatures that remained lay down and allowed themselves to be taken. I felt a slight tingle in my hand. Lifting it, I saw it slowly become transparent. I gasped, causing the turtles to look at me and my fading body.

"No," I whispered. My family must not have been from this realm originally. Which meant I didn't belong either.
"Skollña, what's happening to your hand?" Mikey asked fearfully.
"I'm fading. I don't belong to this realm. I have no friends or family to keep me here either," A tear slid down my face.

"Bull. You do have a family," Raphael said.
"He's right. You've become like a little sister to all of us, Skollña," Donnie added.
"Yeah! Even though you act older than me!" Mikey inserted.
"Skollña, from the second I first saw you, I knew you were different. I knew you would be the one to make my brother's lives better. To make my life better. We want you to stay, Skollña,"
"You're the best sis anyone could ask for," Raph continued.

Tears flooded my eyes and theirs. But I was fading fast now. Only above my torso remained. "Goodbye," I whispered as my head began to fade.
"No! Skollña! Listen to me! You can't leave! You belong here, with us. We're your family now..." I heard the other turtle's protests, but Raphael's stood out the most.

That last comment filled me with love. With my last breath of Earthen air, I screamed my heart's true desire. "THIS IS MY FAMILY!! THIS IS MY HOME!!!"

*

A blast of light emitted from her body. A shockwave knocked anyone within a hundred foot radius off their feet. The storm, which had vanished earlier, now returned twice as strong. Mixes of blue and green lightning struck her body. Once more, she screamed.

"THIS IS MY HOME!!!"