Chapter 6

Chapter 6

My heart was pounding really fast, I dint want to face them and Jude came in to say they requested me as their server. Breath Maka, just breath. Being with them felt like it was decades but it has only been a couple of hours since they have been back, time has been going so slow.

I glanced at the clock and it read that it was eight o' five, Rush hour was starting and I had yet to get dressed, my breathing was too hard and my mind wasn't clear, it was to fuzzy.

Push through it, you have to, because after this you can go home, I reminded myself as I took a couple bigger breaths to calm my heart.

I got dressed in a pain of black skinny, dressed pants and had a white button up shirt that held onto my body, over it was a black vest with some chains around it. It was exactly like Jacobs uniform, except our boss wanted a few buttons open 'Enough to tease but not enough to see.' My boss would usually muse. We use to have different uniforms that consisted of a skirts and aprons when this place was a family friendly restaurant but then with time it turned into a place to be after dark.

I pulled my hair into a lose pony tail and ruffled through my bangs a bit.

Ready for work.

I put my cell phone in my locker.

When I walked back out to the front the place was starting to fill up fast, all these people and only three serves and two cooks, I took a deep sight. "Aye Maka, you get tables 1-6 and your friends are still waiting for you." Jude said dressed in similar cloths as me but she was already carrying large plates of food. "Alright." I grabbed an apron that tied around my waist and in it was a note pad and a pencil. I started with the other tables because I was still afraid to see them, but I was supposed to go to their table first because their where here first, and Kid was supposed to be top priority in anyplace. Most people would Kill to have a Shinigami in their restaurant because lord death, may he rest in peace, never left the school but Kid did and people always wanted Kid at their establishment.

Because Kid was so prized in anyplace he would go he got the private room in the place, the place that was reserved for special guest, it was a large private room, with a bar and a music selection that was different from the rest of the restaurant. I was standing by the door, hiding myself, unsure whether to make them wait longer or just to go in. I mean they must of heard Jacob right? When he was goanna say that thing? Tch, am being foolish, they probably didn't hear anything.

"-and that guy was goanna say... did the rest of you hear it?" Emma continued.

What the hell, why was she talking about me? She doesn't even know me.

"Yea, but we could have heard wrong right? I mean Maka wouldn't sleep with someone? " Tsubaki defended.

"Yea she is too guy angry" Patti stated with innocent confusion.

"She couldn't have change that much." Liz said as she ran her hand through her curls.

"She could have. She has changed so much." Kid stated. "Her soul has some minor difference compared to what she had when we were younger." He said thinking

My heart sank so fast, I wanted to cry but I can't, I haven't cried in years. But what they were saying was true, I did change... I did so many bad things.

"I think we should ask her." Tsubaki said.

"I think she did have sex with someone, she has that vide and I usually have a good sense with this, right Soul." Emma stated. Soul didn't say anything

"Your right Emma. She feels different." Blackstar said quietly

Why was she talking to them like they have known each other for years? They had only meet today.

"Soul you should ask her you were her partner." Emma said. oh she does know who I am, before he could say anything in response I walked into the room, his mouth was opened because he was ready to speak but closed as he eyed me.

"Sorry, I took so long" I said sweetly they all just eyed me. "It's packed outside." I said with a chuckle. "You guys ready to order?" I forced a smile. Some smiled back as some continued to smile.

"Maka you look so cute." Tsubaki said. "Yea, really rocking the uniform." Liz said with a thumbs up. "The almighty Blackstar is hungry, hurry and serve." "MAKA-CHOP!" " CRUELTY TOWARDS CUSTOMERS!!!"

I laughed. "This place is really nice." Kid said impressed. "Needs more giraffes." Patty said with a huff. "I like it too." Emma said as she nudged Soul to say something. He looked at me, and thought for a moment. "I'm ready to order." My heart was dropping.