CHAPTER 26

Thank you for all the caring you guys. For those who asked what happend to me, my mother just recently passed away and i miss her like crazy. Thanks for the love and stay unique.  

-uniqueoutsider

Chapter 25

They took me to the infirmary to get my hands checked. She cleaned my burnt palms, applied cream, and wrapped them. This was supposed to be fast, but the doctor felt the need to keep me here longer to get me checked out. The gang was sitting in the halls waiting for me, while Soul was sitting in the corner of the room watching me. None had talked to me since my panic attack.

"Here you go Ms. Albarn, if you can you please change into this gown so we could do a quick exam." The doctor said as he placed a gown on the table next to me. I nodded in response. He left the room while he left me and Soul alone. I just stared down at the gown that was beside me and gave a deep breath. I began to take off my vest and unbutton my white shirt, when I got to the second button my hands began to shake and I winced in pain.

Shit, this is going to take time. It until I saw another pair of hands gently touching mine.

"It's either I do it or I get one of the girls." Soul said looking down at me. I paused for a moment and sighed.

"Can you help with the boots and the shirt?" I said slowly. He nodded and began to take off my boots and when he got to my shirt he froze for a split second before I gave an annoyed eyebrow. "Soul I'm wearing an undershirt. I can slip off my own undershirt and skirt. If you do not want to do it, I can do it myself."

"Do you ever shut up. You couldn't even get the first two buttons. "Soul said annoyed.

He began to button down my shirt and took it off without anymore hesitation. It was easy to slip off the other things and I put on the gown, Soul goes behind me and ties the back. While he was behind me, I could feel his hand gently brush against my back. My face turned bright red. *knock Knock* the door swung open, "Are we ready?" The doctor says as he walks in. Soul quickly existed and I could see that his ears were bright red.

The examination was fast, and he asked some questions that confused me as well. I do not know why but when I was looking at this doctor, he looked oddly familiar.

"Well Ms. Albarn, I know you originally came in here to get your hands checked but, umm, I'm not sure if you remember me." The doctor trailed off, I looked at him in confusion. He gave a deep sigh and then looked at me deeply in the eyes. "I originally worked near the old abandoned trains before coming here. I had a more specialized area in.... Miscarriages and abortions, and prenatal care" I could feel my body go numb once again.

"Y-You were that doctor that-" "I am." He said slowly while putting a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry to bring up the past but, I am quite familiar with your background and I would not forgive myself if I didn't check you up properly. " I looked at him hard before coming to the conclusion that he just was just trying to care for me, as he did once before.

"...Okay." I said slowly while lowering my gaze.

" I am glad to see you out of such a troubled life. I'm also glad to see that you switched to people who seem good for you Maka. Well mostly, I'm glad to see you aren't with Mitch and his crowd anymore." I flinched at the mention of Mitch. "A Lot of wounds you had healed up nicely, but I am really concerned about your mental health." I didn't look up at him. "I suspect that you never went to therapy after you lost your baby." My face was hard but eyes failed me as tears streamed down my face once again. "The way you lost your baby was something...dramatic, it was unimaginable." He said slowly while he offered me some tissues. "I also believe that you are suffering from a type of PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder. Maka... I believe you could benefit from seeing someone so they can help."

"I would benefit if Mitch was back in jail or dead!" I yelled full of venom. He looked at me sternly. "Maka... Talk with someone. I will send my referral in but, if you don't talk to someone... these panic attacks and erratic behavior will get worse."

"Erratic behavior?" I questioned.

"You just held a weapon that you weren't compatible with for a grade. You were triggered by the remarks that guy was giving you."

"Or he just seriously pissed me off, I don't like losing."

He shook his head and sighed. "Talk to someone Maka." With that he handed me back my clothes and left the room. I changed the best I could and gave a deep sigh. He brought up things I really didn't want to think off. Of course, I was hiding so many things and didn't want to speak about them. It was some seriously fucked up shit.

*buzz buzz*

I felt my phone give off a notification in my pocket. I sighed while looking down, it was probably just Soul asking if I was done yet.

Watching your tournament was so great. It made me so proud. Did you see me in the crowd? Xoxo -Your king.

The sudden urge of throwing up came over me. It was Mitch... he had my new number.... He was in the crowd... he was watching me. I started to gasp for breath, I need to leave now, he could be anywhere.

I zoomed out of my room and I had forgotten that the gang was waiting by the door because I bumped into Kids back. "Are you done now?" He asked, I backed up slowly with wide eyes still full of surprise. "What did the Doctor say?" Tsubaki asked as she reached for me. I flinched by this action.

"I- I We, umm . I got to umm-" "MAKA!!!!!"I whipped my head around to see Tadashi running down the hall.

"HE IS HERE!!! ELLIOT IS HERE!! GO!" I felt myself pivot the other way and run down the hall. Leaving everyone else behind. All I could hear was Soul cry out for me.