Chapter14

Chapter 14

"Maka?" my head shot up and I looked eye into eye with Liz. "Y-yes." She raised her eyebrow. My surroundings became known again, I was no longer in my room clutching that cell phone, and it was no longer that day where Blackstar and Tsubaki told us about their lost baby. Three weeks have passed since then and now we were all at Kids place having a sleep over and helping Kid plan a party for his father's anniversary for his death.

"You okay? You seem kind of out of it." She said handing me a cup of soda, I chuckled, "Are you asking that because I refuse to drink with you guys?" She thought for a moment and nodded. "Oh come on Maka, your close to being twenty-one, let loose." She said nudging me.

I laughed, "No thanks Liz. I'm still underage" She sighed "But Kid is the man in charge I'm sure he wouldn't care, right Kid?"

"Don't use me as an excuse to make Maka drink." She frowned "Your no help."

"Liz, you're getting drunk leave Maka alone." Tsubaki said taking a sip of her alcoholic beverage.

I chuckled once again as I was about to take a sip of my soda in till a smell hit my noise.

"Liz, can you please stop trying to spike my drink." "Really Liz... Again." Soul snorted. Emma wasn't with Soul tonight, she said she wanted to catch up on some sleep. Which I won't lie, I'm kind of glad she isn't here drinking, I don't want a repeat of last time.

"I CALL IT!!!!" Patti said as she took the soda from my hand.

"Fine! Sorry. Sorry ... but what's the harm drinking with friends-"

I could name a few.

"-and you Soul! Why aren't you drinking."

"Don't feel like it." he said shortly.

I gave a soft chuckle as I got up to get my own drink and made my way to the kitchen. I took one more glance of the room before I exited. Kid sat back in a chair with a preparation papers on his lap and drink right beside him, Patty was sitting next to his feet drinking like there was no tomorrow. Liz laid across the couch I was sitting once sitting on and she had tossed the book I was reading at Soul. Tsubaki was taking a few drinks as well as she patted Blackstar head who was passed out from drinking too much for the second time tonight. Soul sat back in his own couch, laughing and making conversation with them. A smile spread across my lips as I exited. Being with all of them started to feel like how it use too, it felt comfortable once again... but I felt as if some where still hiding something... or maybe I'm just starting to feel guilty because I haven't opened up to them yet.

I made my way to the kitchen as my thoughts where still fogged up. Ever since that message, I changed my phone number and I stopped going to work, I told them it was temporary leave... but I don't think I'm ever going to go back. As for School I didn't want to go but I was close to graduating so I asked Soul to give me a ride every day. As for the partner thing with Tadashi... We practiced... and he was actually really funny, and very kind. It felt weird to hold a weapon again but it felt nice he was really nice. I was still rusty but I was trying and I hadn't told the gang about him yet. I hardly went out now, ever since that message but tonight I had too.... When everyone was asleep. I would go out and meet with Alice because right now, she was the only one I trusted. The only one who new besides....

I gave a deep sigh

I grabbed a cup down from the cabinet and looked at the two drinks that stood before me. Soda and a substance so clear it looked like water....it was Vodka.

I wanted it. I wanted it so bad. My hand reached out towards it but it quickly slapped onto the soda bottle.

"I'm so stupid."

"Yea I agree." My head snapped to towards the door frame to see Soul as he gave a toothy grin.

I gave a glare. "Don't Scare me like that Soul." I spat. He chuckled. "Cool your tits, I just wanted something to drink." He grabbed the soda bottle from my hand and poured me a cup and then himself one and I gave him a small thanks.

He leaned on the counter and pushed the Vodka away from us. "It getting kind of crazy drunk out there." He handed me my book as snorted. "Liz and Patty?" "Yep and Blackstar is back up for round three." He laughed taking a gulp of his soda.

I sat on top of the counter as me and him shared commutable silence, the words of Emma kept flashing in my mind as a reminder. Soul use to drink... a lot... during our time apart... he was lonely too.

He noticed my stares and raised an eyebrow. "What?" I stood quiet... and he continued to look at me eyeing me slowly. His eyes memorized me, so red and beautiful.

His hand went up and touched my ashy hair and he gently grabbed a strand.

"What made you grow your hair?" He asked slowly. I sucked in a breath and silence grew and it was getting unconfutable, I didn't want to tell him about Mama.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me." He said slowly taking back his hand but I grabbed his hand.

"I'm sorry." He raised an eyebrow. "For?"

"Not calling or trying to contact you during your miss- ""Maka. You couldn't, don't let what Emma say bother you." He said pulling my hair.

"But- ""No buts." He said flatly.

I stood quiet and sighed.

He looked straight at me as his hand still held onto my hair. His face was close and there was something on his lip. A piece of food probably from when we were eating.... Jeez that's just like Soul. "You need to learn to clean up yourself." I grumbled. My hand touched his lip gently and I used my thumb to brush it away. I stared at his lips for a while and I was slowly being drawn in, he stood still and I wanted to kiss him...

Stop Maka.

Don't. you remember last time you liked someone.

You can't like Soul... not him...please... it hurts to much as is.

My hands fell to my side and looked away. Soul just stared at me unknowingly.

Silence

Just the silence of an ex-partners, the silence of old friends. That's it and nothing more.

".....I forgot to tell you." He started.

"Hm?"

"Do you know about that fighting class you have at your school?"

I nodded, of course I do I'm in that class.

"Kid told us that the gang was invited to watch a tournament for that fighting's class final or something"

.

.

"What."