Chapter 19

That night with Tadashi sent my head spinning. Circles. Finally someone who understood, someone who I could talk to about... all of this. Well not all of it... but the gang part he understood. But being with him was so good. He was there and he likes me and I kinda like him. Yet I new my heart was still lingering, lingering on something. Something I just couldn't understand. Three nights had past since then and we saw each other everyday for school reasons but, all of our trainings ended up with us talking for hours. We would end up talking about books, music, movies, and our past life in the gang. We went to get coffee and bookstores, we were going okay, and we were ready for the competition. But ... I was not fully because...

"Maka!!!! Pay attention to your GOD!" "You mean the the movie BlackStar?" Tsubaki said calming her fiancé.

"Put down your book, bookworm." Soul said as he pulled my book away. "Hey!! Soul!" I said as I reached for it. "No, sit and watch the movie nerd." "What! It's almost over!" I complained "I have a test that I need to study for!"

"You have been out studying everyday and have been locked in your room doing the same thing. Maka join us in the real world." Liz said as Soul tossed the book at her.

"Kid is doing paper work!" "I'm running a school Maka, a whole corporation." Kid said. "And I'm planning a celebration."

"What about Patti!" "IM HELPING KID WITH PARTY PLANS!" Patti said delightfully.

"But... school." I said sinking into the couch.

"Talking about school, did you decide if your gonna sit with us in that competition they are suppose to have?" Soul said. "Of course she is! Kid is making us go. Having the last Death scythe and the creator of it will make everyone go crazy!" Emma said with a hint of spite.

Yes she was hanging out with up but she sat in the floor next to Souls legs.

"And it's your school." Liz said. "Don't you have to be there. I mean you stopped going to work just to finish school strongly!" BlacksStar said throwing me a smile.

"Umm..." I should tell them I'm gonna be competing in I am but, they haven't seen me fight in years... especially with another partner. I've only ever had Soul. But Soul had Emma. "I should probably tell you guys now that I'm compe-" Soul eyes looked at me widen as he new exactly how I was gonna finish that sentence. "Your fucking KIDDING M-" *RING, RING*

OH MY DEATH!! THANK THE LORDS IM GETTING A PHONE CALL!!!
"Tsubaki can you pass me my phone?" I said quickly changing the topic. She nodded at me and handed me my phone and I look at caller ID. A light blush came across my face. Tadashi's name flashed on my phone.

I glanced at the group that had there eyes on me, Soul biting his tongue to whatever he was gonna say. Liz raises a suspicious eyebrows as a smirk crossed her face.   I chuckled awkwardly and went into the kitchen to answer the call.

"Hey Tadashi!" I said crossing my arm.

"Hey." His voice was mature and soothing over the phone.

"How are you?" I said leaning on the counter.

"You know just here reading and I was just missing your voice." Ohhhhh boyyyyy I am blushing,

"What a flirt." I teased him coughing. His laugh echoed in my ear.

"I'm a flirt now? Are you starting to like my charm?"

"You wish." He hummed. "Are you free? There is a book signing with you favorite author that makes the poems you read?" "WHAT REALLY!" I yelled loudly. He laughed.