Three's a Crowd

"I don't know why I agreed to let you drive." I laughed, watching Kian text behind the wheel. He didn't reply other than sticking his tongue out. I looked out the window at the pouring rain and was kind of glad I was driving with Kian instead of walking out in the rain.

"That was Andrea." He said, a little too long after sending the text to be normal. 

"What'd she say? Everything alright?" I ask, putting a hand on his thigh. 

"Oh, it's nothing like that. It's just when I told her we were going to the movies together she insisted on coming. I figured you'd be pretty pissed now that you know what she really thinks of you." He mumbled, l jerked my hand away quickly causing him to jump. The car swerved but luckily Kian got control of the car again before anything serious happened. A car honked it's horn at us in annoyance and sped past us.

"I am so sorry, Kian, I didn't mean to. God, I'm an idiot sometimes." I moaned, placing my face in my hands. He laughed.

"If you really didn't want her to come that bad you could have just said so instead of attempting a car crash suicide." He said, making the situation lighthearted. Another great thing about Kian was how he managed to no take anything too serious or to heart. Well, I guess that could be a bad thing too, depending how you look at it.

"So she's going to meet us at the theatre?" I questioned, giving a fake smile. I never really had any issue with Andrea before but now, knowing what she said, being in the same room as her was the last thing I wanted to do. If anything she was the one trying to steal away my best friend.

"Yeah, you're okay with that, right?" He asked, looking over at me with pleading eyes. I was tempted to say I had something else to do, but it was obvious he wanted to be alone with Andrea right now just about as much as I did. I nodded, earning a big grin from Kian. 

"Thanks so much, Ricky, you don't know how much this means to me. Andrea's a little scary when she's mad at me." He laughed, pulling onto the road the theatre was on.

"Why don't you just break up with her then?" Kian looked at me like I'd lost my head. I might as well of. Where did that come from? He's been with Andrea so long and a little fight isn't going to end them. "I'm sorry, sometimes I need to think before I speak, I think I'm just still mad about what she said about me."

"Are you sure you're not actually trying to break us up?" He laughed, jokingly. He parked the car and pointed across the parking lot to a familiar car. "I wonder how she got here so fast?"

"Beats me. Come on, let's go inside." I suggested, getting out of the car. We were almost to the door before Kian spoke again.

"Are you sure you're okay with this, Ricky?" He asked. Why's he sound so doubtful? I'm barely even upset over it, and it's not like I even have a reason to be.

"Of course, why do you ask?" I said, watching him reach for the theatre's door. 

"It's just usually when people's fist are balled up like that you're angry." He said, pointing to my hands. I hadn't even realized they were in fists. I frowned.

"No, I promise Kian, it's fine." I said, walking into the theatre before he could reply.