Stars

"Home sweet home." I chirped as we pulled into our driveway. Kian laughed and reached across the console to hold my hand for the last couple seconds before we get out. 

"I'll say it again, could I ever get used to this." I gushed, leaning back in my seat and closing my eyes. I hear his nervous sounding chuckle.

"Don't worry, you'll find a guy who does it even better." He said, breaking our hands apart. I sigh. I don't want a guy that does it better, I want Kian. I open my eyes to watch him walk around the car and open my door. He pokes his head in and smiles.

"So it's over as soon as we walk through that door, right?" Kian makes an apologetic frown and nods. 

"Sorry buddy, I can't just choose my sexuality." I laugh to myself and look up at him.

"But if you could, would you?" He bites at his lip in thought before nodding.

"In the blink of an eye." He says, turning to walk toward the front door. I frown and hurry to get out.

"Now are you saying that because it's true or because it's part of the rules of our agreement to act like you love me?" I babble on, trying desperately to stall for time and make this night last any longer. He strokes his imaginary beard and leans against the hood of the car.

"I don't suppose I can tell you until our dates over if it's the second option." I roll my eyes.

"Leave it to you to weasel out of the question." I say, turning away from him to look up at the stars. 

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" Kian said, leaning into me playfully. I nod, lost in the moment. I wanted to saturate in this feeling as much as I could before we walked through the door and everything went back to normal.

"You know, I thought you said you were going all-out for this date? How come you didn't get a star named after me? Or even a present or flowers, maybe you're right about the whole finding someone better thing because really you aren't-" He grabbed my chin and turned it so fast I didn't know how to react, much less how to react when he pressed his lips to mine. I could swear my heart had stopped beating. I realized I wasn't even kissing back and rushed to fix that. I felt Kian smirk into the kiss at my antics and I had to back away because I'd started laughing.

"You finally got your kiss and you go and fuck it up." Kian laughs, sliding off the hood to stare down at me. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and I stared at the ground angrily.

"Well you could have given me a warning you were about to kiss me, you know, so I could have prepared and-" He had doubled over laughing and I balled my fists. 

"You promised to take this seriously!" I snapped, kicking him in the shins. I started stomping toward the front door but felt his fingers wrap around my arm.

"I'm sorry, let's try it again." I froze. Okay, so even if he had of warned me the first time I don't think I'd have been able to mentally prepare myself for it. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. I knew as soon as we started kissing this time was different than the last. It felt more real and less like an obligation, though you never know it may have just been me getting my hopes up. Kian eagerly backed me into the door and I decided I definitely wasn't making it up. Kian was actually enjoying this. 

"Oh god, get a room." I jumped at the voice behind us and Kian backed away from me so fast it was inhuman. I look over to the street where a middle-aged woman was standing, looking genuinely disgusted.

"Excuse me?" I said, putting my hands on my hips. I wasn't actually okay with what had just happened, inside I was dying. What are the chances? Kian is going to be appalled at the thought of being with me after this, granted he hadn't been already.

"I said get a room. It's bad enough seeing straight couple PDA, but this is just sick. You are  disgusting excuses for a human beings and just know your sins won't go unnoticed. " I watched Kian out of the corner of my eye, looking for any clue as to what he was thinking. He had his arms crossed across his chest and a slight frown on his face. Oh no, he thinks I'm disgusting! I should never have said yes to this date thing.

"Well, hey, at least we aren't nosy old wenches working the streets on a Thursday night, right?" Kian turned and dragged me by the arm into the house and I just stayed frozen in disbelief. Did Kian just stand up for me? I was sure he was about to run into the house and not talk to me for a week. 

"What was that about?" I mumble as I watched him shimmy out of his tuxedo jacket. He makes a face at me like I'd asked the stupidest question in the world.

"She was insulting you Ricky, what did you expect me to do? Just because I'm not gay doesn't mean I don't support it." He snapped before jogging up the stairs and slamming the door. What did I do? I frowned and headed up to my room, trying to play back the last fifteen minutes and find out how I'd insulted Kian. His stupid bad mood had ruined mine, I was too upset to even be excited about the kiss. Okay, that's a lie, I was still very excited and found myself pressing my fingers to my lips in disbelief throughout the entire night, but I was still upset.

A/n: I would just like to say that yesterday I was creeping the Rickian hashtag on twitter (fave pass-time) and DO YOU KNOW WHAT I SAW? SCREENSHOTS FROM MY STORY! Ahhhsgh, omg, it made my entire life. And everyone was complimenting it, I'm still not okay. Thank-you all so much and I'm glad you're enjoying it!