Just a Dance

Night fell and half the people were still dancing around. A little drunker now, but still dancing nonetheless. Kian and I had only exchanged a few words, asking if the other wanted a drink and saying what a nice wedding it had been. Other than that we relied on just sneaking glances at each other. Andrea was still on the dance floor, probably the drunkest of them all. 

"Listen up everyone, this next song here is for all the couple's out there. Who knows, maybe the next wedding I DJ at will be yours!" The DJ laughed, as he turned on a slow song. I sunk my head to the table and waited for Andrea to come ask Kian. I could just picture the way she'd ask with her slurred speech and everything.

"Hey Kian!" She was giggling idiotically, I could just see the way she'd be hanging off of him. 

"Listen, I'm going to dance with Erik if that's alright. You know Erik, the bride's brother?" She stopped to burp before continuing, "You can dance with someone else too if you want. It's just a dance anyway." 

I listened to her giggles as they retreated across the room and became silent. I knew I should look up from the table and comfort Kian right now but I didn't feel like it. I wanted to go home. I heard Kian stand up and walk away but still I didn't look up. I practically jumped out of my bones when I felt two hands on my shoulders though.

"May I have this dance?" He whispered in my ear. I laughed and raised my head to look at him.

"Are you serious?" I ask, looking at his cheeky smile.

"Of course, it's just a dance anyway." He said, grabbing my hand before I could give him a formal answer. I noticed a couple strange looks as we got on the dance floor, but none were stranger than Andrea's. The only way to truly describe it is if looks could kill, I'd be long gone.

"I'll lead." Kian whispered into my ear. Shivers ran down my back at the feel of his breath against my neck but I managed to nod despite it. He held me to him and we started to sway to the music. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and smiled. Okay, Kian was right, this was like a dream come true, minus all the Andrea drama. While I was thinking of her I decided to look up. She'd completely given up dancing with Erik and was just standing in the middle of the dance floor glaring at me. She raised her middle finger and I frowned at her. Then I reached my arm around and grabbed Kian's ass obviously just to piss her off. I felt Kian jump into me with surprise and chuckled darkly.

"Asshole." He muttered, turning my face so I could look him in the eyes. 

"Kian!" Andrea yelled as she walked up behind us. 

"What babe?" Kian said, looking over his shoulder at her without letting me go.

"What are you doing? I didn't think you were that drunk?" I could smell the alcohol on her breath from where I stood. 

"Yeah, I took a few too many shots while you were dancing I'm sorry." Kian lied, letting his hands fall from my shoulders. I looked back and forth between the two of them and was heartbroken at what I seen. It was like an abusive owner scolding a puppy. Kian's eyes were so big and round and Andrea's glare made it very apparent sorry wasn't good enough for her.

"Well, maybe you should go home and get over your buzz in private." She paused before leaning in to whisper to him just loud enough for me to hear, "You're embarrassing me."

"Wow." I laughed and turned to leave without even waiting for Kian's reaction. The fact she could say he was an embarrassment when she was drunk on the dance floor grinding on anything that moved was disgusting. I had made it the car before I heard Kian's footsteps behind me. I turned just in time to watch him run up and open my door.

"What'd I tell you about waiting for me to open your door?" He was panting and bent over to catch his breath but he still looked like an angel. When he finally looked back up at me he gave a goofy half smile.

"Ready to go, my love?" He said dramatically, making a swooning motion toward me. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Get me as far away from Andrea as you can manage." I laughed, gesturing for him to open my door. He obliged and even did a little curtsy before going around to his side. On the drive home my eyes kept sneaking glances in Kian's direction. He was humming along awkwardly to every song that played and every now and then he'd look over at me and smile. Up until tonight, watching the way his teeth sparkled in the moonlight, I'd thought it impossible for me to fall even more for him. I was so wrong.

A/n: Awh, rickian feels. Anyway, here is the chapter as promised yesterday and I also thought I'd let you guys know I posted a Troyler fanfiction yesterday that I really like so far.TROYLER. So go check it out and vote it up, please!