Prologue

Gripping onto the side of the boat, (Y/N) leans back, glaring at her brother-in-law. He was holding on next to her and he laughs slightly, turning his attention to Nate in the driver's seat.

"Ah crap this is really not good.'' Nate calls.

"Nathan! They're gaining on us!" Sam shouts and (Y/N) glances at the smaller boats tailing them, firing out shouts. The wind and the rain didn't help her already damaged hearing and a gun is passed to her hand.

"I know, I know." 

"Well crank it!" Sam yells, annoyed and he grabs his own pistol, sitting beside her. The two take their turns shooting until it gets to the point where a larger boat joins in, landing mines all around them. One of the mines hits the boat and Nate goes flying out.

"Nathan!" Sam screams and (Y/N) leans over the edge, her eyes wide.  A few seconds later Nate pops up and climbs back onto the boat with the help of his wife. "I'm okay... I'm okay." He reassures.

Sam proceeds to lean over the back to check the engine that had small tufts of smoke producing from it. "The engines out. I can fix it just cover me!" He warns.

The couple begin to shoot the boats where it helps but only a little. "Sam, how's the engine going?" (Y/N) calls out.

"Making progress!" He yells back to her and she nods. Her hair sticks to her face and she shivers from the cold, switching hands to shoot over the side. After a while, Sam states that he has it and Nate rushes back to the seat, taking them off again.

The other two resume their seats, ducking behind the cover of the side and (Y/N) takes a peek out. She spies the bigger boat coming towards them: "On your right!" She warns to Nathan, panic seeping through her voice.

He doesn't have enough time to steer and the boat crashes into them, causing them to tumble into the ocean.