Chapter 14 - Join Me In Paradise

"What do you see?" Sam breathes and Nate shrugs.  "No houses. Wide street. Clearly a commercial district of some sort." The older brother chuckles at his response.

"Yeah, thank you for that, Nathan. Now, c'mon. What do you see?" He turns to Sam and shakes his head.

"You just wanna hear him say it, don't you?" (Y/N) asks, laughing at the playful shine in the older brother's eyes. "Really want to hear him say it."

"All right. Libertalia." Nate answers and his brother laughs. "Libertalia!" He shouts, shaking his younger sibling. "The long-lost, legendary pirate utopia. Discovered, after three hundred years, by one Samuel Drake."

(Y/N) hits the back of his head and Nate looks at him with a glare. "And...?" He presses.

"And... And his younger, slightly less charming brother with his sarcastic, annoying wife who happened to be tagging along for the ride." (Y/N) rolls her eyes but smiles anyway. "You know, I always knew you'd make something of yourself one day." Sam tells him.

"Yeah, just so you know, it's not our first lost city." Nate points out and he waves a hand. "Shhh. Shh. Just... Enjoy the moment." He mutters and so they stand in silence, admiring the view.

"So where do you want to start?" (Y/N) questions and Nate scans the area before pointing in the distance. "How about that building right over there?"

"Oh, you mean the one with massive guard tower?" Sam says and he nods.  "Yeah. I say we go see what it was guarding."

"Works for me."

Jumping down, the brothers follow and the eldest sighs in content. "This is - I mean - I'm speechless!"  It's silent before he speaks again. "Holy god damn shit, Nathan!" He yells.

"That's your idea of speechless?" Nate questions, a small smile on his face.

"How long do you think it took to build this place?" (Y/N) questions, she limps beside her husband, who had his arm out to her so she had less weight on her injured leg. 

"Years. Decades, even. How the hell did they keep it a secret all that time?" Nate frowns, taking the lead towards a workshop.  "Hey guys, check it out. Blacksmith forge. Making some cutlasses here."

Sam picks up a sword and passes one to his sister-in-law, pointing to Nate and she nods in a silent understanding.

"Avast, you dirty dog--!" Sam shouts and she joins in with a classic: "Enguarde!" Sam's sword breaks and (Y/N) bursts out laughing as Nate chuckles. "Nice."

"I was doing the-" He begins.

"Oh yeah, no, I know." Nate smiles, cutting him off.

"That was doing a thing..." Sam tries to explain with hand gestures and (Y/N) keeps laughing, dropping her own sword on the table.

"Right.... Right." He jokes and his brother drops the sword, making Nate shake his head. "You're a horrible pirate."

***

Up in a abandoned tavern, Nate occupies one of the wooden chairs and Sam picks up the other two, allowing the pair to join him.

"Not a bad view." Sam whistles.

(Y/N) picks up the cup on the table. "Cheers." They chuckle and pick up theirs before clanking them with hers. "Yeah, cheers."

It's silent for a while before Nate speaks up, sighing. "What were they doing here?"

"Who? The colonists?" (Y/N) frowns and he nods.  "Yeah. I mean you throw your lot in with these infamous outlaws and then what?"

"You know. Take a load off." Sam starts. "Find some refuge." (Y/N) adds and Nate nods. "And of course." His brother holds up the cup and he chuckles. "There's far worse fates."