Chapter 37.

Alexa's POV
Today is the day I'm leaving for college. The last few days went too quickly. I had so much fun with everyone. I still haven't talked with Ash yet. She's tried but I keep walking away. Mom keeps giving me glares but I honestly don't care anymore. It's a 5 hour drive to UCLA. I'm going with momma and dad for an hour or so and then Ash and Ali unfortunately for another hour and then mum and mom for the last hours pf the drive. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm really nervous to leave my family and because I'm going to be the youngest. I'm only 16 and I'm mg first year of college. I heard the honk of a car outside my window. I walked over and saw Jason outside leaning on his car. I ran outside and into his arms.
"What are you doing here?"
"Thought I'd come say goodbye to my daughter as she leaves for college. And because I missed you."
"I missed you too. I'm only going to be a call away and you know that."
"I know. Next time I'm in LA we have to meet up."
"Am obviously."
"Here I got you this. It a going away present."
"You didn't have to."
"I know but I wanted to." He handed me a black box. I opened it and gasped. It was a necklace with a heart shaped locket. "Open it." I did and inside was a picture of me as a baby in his arms. My eyes filled with tears.
"I love it. Thanks dad."
"It was my pleasure Lex. Here let me put it on." I picked up my hair and turned around so he could put it on. "There. Perfect." I turned away and hugged him again. When I pulled away he wiped away my tears and kissed my head.
"I've got to go I've a flight to catch. I'll miss you Lex. I love you."
"I love you too dad. See you soon." I hugged him one last time and walked inside. I waved goodbye to him before walking in. Mom was standing against the living room door frame with a sad smile.
"Are you ready to go?"
"Ready as I'll ever be." I walked over and hugged her. We went upstairs and grabbed my suitcases. Dad and Ash helped too. Once everything was sorted in the cars I ran back upstairs one last time. I looked around my room one last time. Everything was the same except all the clothes were gone. A few photos and frames too. I sighed and walked over to the door. I turned off the light and shut the door behind me. I walked into mom and mums room and saw mum in there.
"Hey."
"Hi Lex. Everything okay?"
"Yeah. You ready?"
"Nope but sure." She walked over to me and hugged me. I wiped away the tears on her cheeks and kissed her forehead.
We walked downstairs and went into the living room.
"You ready?" Mom asked.
"Now or never right. Cmon." They all got up and went to their cars. I stayed behind and looked around one last time. I walked to the front door and locked it behind me. I walked down the steps and stopped at mommas car. I turned and looked back the house. I smiled and shook my head and got into the car. Dad reversed out of the driveway and followed mom and Ash. The streets became memories. The further we went the more unfamiliar it became. I sighed and looked out the window. After an hour or so we pulled over for a break. I went to the shop and bought a few snacks and drinks for the drive. I went to the bathroom so we wouldn't have to stop again. I grabbed all my stuff from mommas car and put them into Ali's. I gave momma a kiss on the cheek and walked over to Ali. She hugged me and squealed.
"This is going to be so much fun." I chuckled at her as we got into the car. We talked for a bit and sang along to the radio. I felt Ash staring at me through the rear view mirror but I shook it off. About an hour into the drive Ali fell asleep so it was just me and Ash. It was so awkward.
"So are you excited?"
"Don't."
"Don't what?"
"Pretend like everything is okay when it's not."
"Look Lex-"
"No just drop it." She sighed and continued driving and ten minutes later we pulled over for gas. I got out of the car and went into the bathroom. I went over to the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. I twisted the tap so water would run. I threw it on my face and grabbed the towel and dried it.
"That tough was it?" I looked at the mirror and saw mom standing there.
"You have no idea. Am I with you now?"
"Only if you want."
"Oh I want to. I want to be with you and mum when we arrive." I turned to face her. She was looking down at her feet. I walked over and picked up her head by her chin so she'd look at me.
"What's wrong?"
"My baby is growing up so fast."
"I'll always be your baby. Just a few hours away. I'm only ever a call away." She hugged me and we walked out. Dad was leaning against the car talking with Ash. Ali was on her phone talking to someone and mum and momma were talking. When they saw us they made their way over.
"Everything okay?" Momma asked. I looked up at mom smiled at her.
"Everything's perfect." I said hugging her. We all walked back over to dad and Ash. He smiled when he saw me and rub my head with his hand messing up my hair.
"Dad! It took me so long to do this morning."
"Oh my bad." I playfully punched his arm and walked into the bathroom. I fixed it while looking at the mirror. I walked back out and heard them talking.
"How am I suppose to apologise when the child won't even listen to me?"
"Ash it's going to take time."
"Hope it's been a week. She hasn't even looked at me. She avoids me. I give up trying. If she doesn't want to talk to me fine. She can do whatever the hell she wants."
"Ashlyn."
I made eye contact with Ali and walked away.
"Lex wait." I heard her shouting after me. I walked away and to the car. I was just about to open the door but she put her arm in front of me.
"Wait for what Al? She gave up and now I do too. If she doesn't want to be here then by all means she can leave. I mean nothing to her so she just leave."
"Lex you know that's not true. She loves you."
"No she doesn't. She gave up. She doesn't care." I turned to look at mom. "Can we go please?" She nodded and Ali moved out of the way. I got into mom's car and shut the door behind me. I'm so glad she has blacked out windows because now the won't see me crying. I tried to hold them back but I couldn't anymore. Mom got in and so did mum. They both looked back at me but I looked out the window. Mom started to drive the car and slowly began to drive. I wiped away the tears and watched them get smaller and smaller. I felt someones hand on my leg. I looked and saw it was mom's. I took it in mine and gave it a squeeze before letting go. I pulled out my phone and blasted my music up to the top with my headphones in. I looked out the window as everything zoomed by. My eyes got heavier and heavier and soon I was asleep.