Chapter 40.

Alexa's POV
Mal and I are in California for the national camp. It's been an eventful tough, long week. It's been three weeks since the whole drama. They all call but I don't answer. When we arrived at the hotel we met up with all the girls. They were all so nice and luckily I was rooming with Mal. We're the youngest on the team at 16. We were told that if we were needed we would play with the u17, u18, and u19 but mostly the u20. Trainings are intense and luckily today is the last day before Mal and I head back to college tomorrow. We're at dinner now all making jokes and laughing. Coach says he regular speech but today's one is different.
"Alright ladies it's been a pleasure working with you all. Y'all were outstanding and the choices for the roaster are going to be difficult. We are so proud of each and everyone of you. Especially the two 16 year olds. Y'all were unbelievable for such a young age. Now today we have a few guest speakers from the senior team. Ladies come in." Everyone gasped when Momma, Mom, Ali, Ash, Mum, Tobin, Alex and Becky walked in.
"You can't be serious." Mal gave me a sympathetic look and I stood up and everyone turned to look at me. I walked over to coach and excused myself because 'I didn't feel well'. He was reluctant at first but Dawn said it was okay. I thanked her and walked out of the room. I ran up the stairs all the way to the roof and stood outside. I was out there for ages that it was nearly getting dark. I heard the door open and footsteps and groaned. I turned and saw everyone standing there. Could this day get any worse.
"What do y'all want?" I asked in an annoyed tone.
"Alexandra don't you dare talk to us like that."
"Excuse me." I shoved past them and made my way to the door but Ash stood in my way.
"What's wrong with you?"
"What's wrong with me? You think something is wrong. Wow. Well Hope your three fucking weeks too late to ask what's wrong."
"Hey! Don't talk to her like that Lex. You know that was harsh."
"Butt out of it Mum."
"Alexandra."
"No you know what. Screw all of you. I tried my best to make you all happy and all I get in return is disrespect and secrecy. I'm done trying to mend this fucked up family of ours."
"It wasn't always this messed up Lex."
"So why did you take me back if you knew it was going to be this messed up huh? If didn't want me why didn't you just take me back. I was happy. I was so happy until you all came along." I had tears streaming down my face and everyone else did. No one spoke and I backed away.
"I am officially done trying to make an effort to try stay in your lives. If you want me come find me." I turned and walked to the door. I opened it slammed it shut. I ran down the stairs to my room and ran inside. Mal wasn't there. I locked myself in the bathroom and cried. It was late when Mal returned. I heard the door open and close and then shuffling. She tried opening the door but I locked it.
"Hey Lex, open up. Your mom came and spoke with me. I'm here Lex, please."
I pulled out my phone and went online. I changed my flight to tonight. Now all I got to do is go tell coach. I unlocked the door and Mal shot up.
"I'm leaving tonight."
"I'm coming with you."
"No. Stay here and enjoy the girls for one more night. I'll collect you from the airport tomorrow."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive. I'll be back in a few minutes." I grabbed the key and walked out. I walked down the hall to the coaches room. I knocked and seconds later coach appeared.
"Hey Alexa. How are you feeling?"
"Am better thanks. I changed my flight to tonight. It leaves in two hours. Can you take me?"
"Yeah sure. Do you want me to call a team meeting so you can say goodbye."
"Am sure why not."
"Alright bring your bags down so. The meetings in ten."
"Thanks coach." I walked back to my room and gathered my bags. I hugged Mal before we went down. Everyone was in there including the seniors. I sighed and coach called me up.
"Alright ladies sorry for the unexpected meeting but Alexa here, has something to say. Take it away kid."
"Thanks coach. Am I just wanted to say thank you all so much for making this an amazing experience for me. I am so honoured to be here. I just wanted to say good bye because I'm leaving in a few minutes to head back to school. It was a pleasure meeting you all and good luck to all of you who get chosen. Am so yeah that's it." Everyone walked over and hugged them all goodbye. I was going to miss them all. Mom tried to talk to me but I just walked away. I grabbed my bags and walked away over to coach. He was standing at the door waiting for me.
"Ready?"
"Yeah."
"LEX!" I heard Mal shout. I laughed and looked at her. "See you later alligator."
"In a while crocodile. And all you other mythical creatures." I made them all laugh and I walked out. We walked out to the car and drove off to the airport. Coach helped me with my bags.
"Thanks a lot coach. It means a lot. Really."
"Sure thing Alexa. Remember keep training. I'll be in touch."
"I will bye coach." I hugged him and walked in to the airport. I made my through security. After a few minutes my flight gate got called and I was just about to make my when I heard a familiar voice.
"ALEXANDRA ELIZABETH SOLO DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING ON THAT PLANE." I looked back and saw Mum running towards me. I sighed and stopped walking. When she caught up with me she looked pissed.
"Why?"
"Because I'm your mother."
"Only by legal rights."
"Lex don't do that."
"Don't do what? I'm only saying the truth like how I did on the roof. Why are you even here?"
"Because I want you to come home."
"Don't you get it. I don't have a home anymore. The closest thing to home is my dorm which is where I am heading so please leave me alone." I turned and walked away. After a few steps she caught my arm and pulled me around to face her. By now I had tears streaming down my face. I wiped them away with my shaky hands. "Please just leave me alone. You want nothing to do with me so just leave. I can't do this anymore. I can't. And I won't." I chocked out. Mum let go and I quickly backed away and ran to my gate. I handed the hostess my pass and got on the plane. I sat on my seat and looked out the window. I saw Mum looking out. I saw she was shaking a bit so I knew she was crying. After a few more minutes the plane finally took off. I put in my headphone and let the music zone me out of this world.

Kelley's POV
I got up from the table and grabbed the keys from Hope's bag. I ran to the car as quick as I could and sped towards the airport. I parked the car and ran quickly inside. I made it past security because they recognised me. I ran and ran until I saw Lex walking. I shouted at her. One seconds she's talking and the next she walking away. I quickly ran back to her and grabbed her arm and spun her around.
"Please just leave me alone. You want nothing to do with me so just leave. I can't do this anymore. I can't. And I won't." She chocked out. I let go of her arm because I was so taken back by what she said. She turned and ran away. I started crying and pulled out my phone and rang Carli.
Carli-where did you go?
Me- to follow Lex. We lost her Carli. We really lost her.
Carli- she'll come around.
Me- no she won't. She's really broken and we caused it. What if she cuts Carli? How are we suppose to find out? Get a call during the night saying our daughter has committed suicide and we're the cause! I can't do that. I can't lose her. I can't. I just can't.
Carli- where is she now?
Me- on the plane.
I looked out at the plane taking off into the air.
Me- back to her home.
Carli- come back to the hotel and we'll discuss it here.
I hung up and made my way out of the airport. I sat in the car and broke down. After a couple of minutes I calmed myself down. I made my way back to the hotel. I parked the car and walked in slowly. My body felt numb. I saw the girls running towards me but I was frozen in place. I couldn't feel anything.
"You okay Kelley?" I looked at them and saw their worried faces. None of them looked like they were crying.
"Our daughter just left and none of you are crying? You might never hear from her again and none of you are crying."
"Kelley..."
"I can't be here right now. If you'll excuse me I'm going to go track down my daughter and make sure she's okay." I walked away. I went up to my room and grabbed my bags. I booked the next flight out to LA. I ran back downstairs with my bags and ignored everyone on my way out to the car. I quickly sped towards the airport again. I waited 15 minutes for the next flight which was unusual because there's normally a two hour difference. I made my way onto the plane and took my seat. I pulled out my phone and called someone I knew Lex would listen to.
Cap- Kelley?
Me- Christie I really need your help.
Cap- what's wrong Kel?
Me- Lex...
Cap- say no more. Where am I coming to?
Me- LA. UCLA campus.
Cap- already booked. Meet you there in a few hours. Stay safe Kel.
Me-thanks. You too.
I hung up and the plane took off. It was going to be a long flight.