Chapter 5

I wanted nothing more than to rush off to be by the side of the man that I loved but Momoi had other ideas. She told me that if I wanted to be able to resist the temptation of biting him I would need to do a few things. So for a week I didn't get to see the yellow haired angel of mine. I instead wrote him letters, having Midorima deliver them. He had been none too pleased at being my errand boy but Momoi simply stood with her hands on her hips and scowled the older and more powerful scion before her and he had reluctantly agreed. She held such power over us, whether she knew it or not. The only vampire turned by one of Akashi's scions, and the only female in our circle. She was always sought out by the female pure bloods as they tried to work their way into Akashi's good graces but she wasn't interested in their games. Man came seeking her hand as well but she showed no interest. Many thought she would turn to her creator, to me, but neither of us ever had feelings like each other. Not when we were humans in a small village and not now that we were immortal.

So Midorima sent my love letters and I always stressed until I received his reply. While this was happening Momoi had me feeding until I was full and not stepping foot into the sun. Simply sitting in the mansion and resting. I needed to be full and strong to resist the need to feed.

I had asked Takao if it was possible to make love without the need to feed and the young vampire had been so embarrassed that Midorima had to jump in and give me a lecture about birds and the bees. He had relented his teasing after a while to tell me that it could be done with great will power and that I should try something else when I wanted to bite him. When I had asked him what he had turned red and snapped that I would have to figure that out myself.

I brushed their teasing off as if it were nothing. And it was nothing compared to the love and care I wanted to show Kise. Now that I knew that love was this feeling I had been having since I met him I cherished it and it only grew the longer I couldn't see him. At long last, a week after we had been at it, Momoi declared that I was as ready as I could be.

That night I rushed out of the estate and into town, going straight to where he worked. When I got there I was surprised that he wasn't there but there was something wrong with his scent. I sniffed the room and made my way into the back where I knew he would often get ready. I sniffed around, worried about what I could smell. Fear. Kise had been terrified. I looked around and scooped down to pick up one of the yukata's that he would wear when dancing. It was ripped and I could see blood on the sleeve.

"What are you doing here?"

I turned slowly, my rage boiling to see the man in charge of the building standing in the door way. When he saw what I was holding his heart skipped a beat. The bastard knew something.

"What happened to the young dancer? And don't you dare lie to me. I will know and I am not in a good mood."

He swallowed and I could see drops of sweat rolling down the side of his face.

"It-it wasn't my fault! They paid their money and they were let in but I swear I didn't know they would get so rough! You think I can make any money of that damaged face now?"

I growled deep in my throat and moved towards the man who yelped and stumbled backwards but I was already past him and running through the streets, going to the little hut in the slums. I burst into the room without knocking and saw him instantly in the dark light. He sat on the floor, his top half bare as he washed his body down. He had flinched and looked up in fear but when he saw me the fear turned to relief and then shame as he tried to cover his body. I moved forward and stopped his movements with my hands gently resting on his shoulders. He looked away as I studied his body, my hands shaking with rage. Bruises in the shapes of fingers marred his pristine skin. The worst ones were around the back of his neck and his hips as if he had been held down. I slipped a hand under his chin and made him turn towards me. What I saw caused me to hiss in rage. The left side of his face was deeply bruised, his eye half shut and puffy. His lips were swollen and split as tears filled his beautiful eyes.