Chapter 11

Aomine's Pov

I was entranced by the figure sleeping beside me. His pale skin stark contrast to my dark arm that was wrapped around his waist. His golden hair was spread out on the pillow as he breathed deeply. He had kicked the blankets off and his bare chest stood inviting with the marks I had made last night. It was like he was asking to be jumped again but I couldn't, he needed his rest. With a muted sigh I got up and put some clothes on before heading out of our room.

"Aomine, could you come here please?"

The soft voice called me from the other end of the house but I heard it perfectly. When I entered Akashi's study Midorima was already there with Takao standing beside him, their hands entwined. The green haired man adjusted his glasses and smirked.

"Is Kise sleeping? The poor thing must be exhausted after today."

I ignored his jab and sat down on the chair in front of Akashi as Takao tried to cover a smile.

"Let's not forget how it took a hundred years for you two to settle down after your bonding ceremony."

A small smile appeared on Akashi's face as Midorima spluttered in shock and Takao covered his face in embarrassment.

"You seem happy Daiki."

I met my makers' kind gaze and nodded.

"I am. I thought I was happy before but I was content. Kise makes me feel things I had long forgotten from my life as a human. Makes me see the world in a different light. He gives me hope."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I said those embarrassing words but no laughter followed and Akashi simply nodded, that fatherly smile on his face.

"I am glad. He has been a breath of fresh air to the entire clan. However," he paused and his smile faded.

"It has been a year and I am in need of your skills again."

There was a note of apology in his voice but I waved it away.

"This is my duty as your scion. Kise knows that I would have to go back some day, we have already talked about it. Can he still stay here?"

"I would never dream of making him leave! He is part of this clan now, human or not. His home is here, by our side."

"I will stay."

We turned to see Momoi enter the room, clad today in breeches and shirt, her hair tied back.

"It would be my honour if you allowed me to protect Kise."

"We won't leave him alone and your missions won't be as long because this time you have something you wish to return to."

I stood at the window watching as the lanterns were turned on and the moon began to rise. All around I could hear as the workers finished for the day and the performers calling for customers.

"Aominecchi."

I turned away and smiled at the blonde as he sat up, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Good evening beautiful."

He smiled up at me and then his eyes took in the clothing I was wearing. The dark hooded jacket, heavy boots and dark pants. The same clothes I had been wearing when I had met him. His sunflower eyes met mine and his lips began to tremble.

"You have to go?"

He looked so delicate that I rushed to his side and pulled him close. His arms went around my waist and squeezed me as I kissed his head.