Chapter 24

My shout broke the spell and all hell broke loose. People began to scatter, some running away, others preparing to fight and the prisoners running for cover.

"Grab Kise!"

Akio grabbed my arm and pulled me down beside him. I cried out as my legs screamed in protest and he looked at me in shock. I pulled the blanket aside to show my bandaged legs and his face twisted in anger. A vampire appeared behind him but he was ready. He spun, sword in hand and with one stroke beheaded it. Kasamatsu appeared beside me, his face worried and I smiled at him as he scooped me up.

"The door is blocked! Let's head further in and we can double back later!"

Akio indicated for Kasamatsu to lead the way while he walked beside us, protecting us.

"But, Aomine is back there!"

"You are out priority, we need to get you to safety. He can't fight if he is worried about you. Murasakibara is targeting the men with the keys to the iron shackles but we need to get you away from Haizaki first."

We moved quickly through the pandemonium, Akio slashing at any one who dared to target me. We bolted through the door but stopped dead in our tracks. Haizaki stood before us, blood soaking his clothes with two vampires by his side.

"Where do you think you are going with my toy?"

He glared at me and I clenched Kasamatsu's shirt in my hand, my mouth dry with fear. He tightened his hold on me and growled towards the pure blood.

"Ah Raven, so that is how they found me. Clever trick Kise, turning the dead."

Akio stepped forward, sword at the ready and pushed us behind him.

"Run."

"I won't leave you!"

"Protect your creator!"

He charged forward and the two vampires met him in a flash of steel and talons. Kasamatsu turned and ran down the hall. He wasn't used to the body, I could tell that as he stumbled along but he wasn't going to give up. Suddenly we were airborne and I cried out in surprise. He pulled me closer against his chest, protecting me as his back slammed into the wall and he grunted in pain. He scrambled to his feet and I tried to do the same but my useless legs collapsed underneath me and I slumped against the wall. Haizaki stood before us, his eyes blazing with anger.

"To think I will get to kill you a second time for your betrayal. Kise is mine!"

He launched forward and Kasamatsu tried to fight him off but he was new to his body and Haizaki was a pure blood, raised by war and use to fighting. I felt his pain as the raven haired man stumbled backwards, blood running down his left arm that hung uselessly by his side but he still didn't move from where he stood in front of me. Haizaki pushed his advantage and slammed Kasamatsu's head against the wall where he slumped, dazed a few feet away from me. My prisoner then turned towards me and I shrunk back from the pure anger in his eyes.

"You planned this. You betrayed me."

I shuffled backwards in a vain attempt to escape the enraged vampire before me. He stomped on my leg and I screamed in pain as the healing bone shattered under his foot.

"Your punishment will be severe. Maybe I should kill Aomine in front of you. That would definitely make me feel better."

He reached towards me but there was a streak of red and Haizaki was stumbling backwards, hand on a cut along his cheek. Akashi stood beside me, both of his eyes blazing red as he glared at his rival.