Chapter 10

The months passed without any more problems. Kise moved in and adjusted into the life of a vampires mate with ease. His sleep pattern slowly changed to a nocturnal one and he spent his nights by my side. After we had become bonded I didn't require blood to survive anymore and his was the only blood I drank. He gladly gave it to me, enjoying it just as much as I did. He had bonded closely with Momoi and often they would be seen walking through the town together. He kept dancing but only in street performances with me by his side to protect him. I couldn't keep him from something that he truly loved. His paintings we began to sell because he didn't want to be reliant on my money and before long his name had become well known throughout the noble houses and his paintings were in high demand.

I was walking through the house when I felt a vampire enter our property. I rushed to the front door, calling Momoi in my mind to stay by Kise's side. Midorima met me at the entrance and Murasakibara stood beside Akashi behind us. I nodded to the young vampires at the door and they opened it to allow a group of three vampires to enter. I stiffened as the one in the middle pulled his hood back and I recognised the grey hair that was flowing down his back. Gritting my teeth I bowed my head.

"Welcome master Haizaki. What brings you here?"

The pure blood vampire and his two scions walked into the hall, the doors closing behind them.

"I heard there was an attack on this village not long ago so I thought I would check to see how you all faired."

Akashi crossed his arms, an eyebrow raised.

"That attack was months ago. Unless you are here to apologize for losing control of your subjects there is no need for you to be here."

I saw a vein twitch in the side of his face and the two scions flexed their hands. Both Midorima and I tensed to jump. Relations between Haizaki and the other pure bloods had been rocky. The council and many others did not approve of his bloody ways or his disinterest in what laws his clan members broke. It had been strays from his clan that had attacked.

"I had no control over them. They left on their own accord and were turned by one of my subordinates. Of course I dealt with him, he is ash by now."

"If you had dealt with him sooner it wouldn't have happened. My scions held them off without problems."

A snarl crossed his face.

"Yes. Your scions. You have so many you are the talk of the underworld."

"Just because I refuse the throne doesn't make me less powerful. I am doing what my blood demands."

Haizaki scoffed and indicated his two scions to leave.

"I think I will take a look around this town of yours. See the sights."

"There is to be no hunting on my ground. If you require blood I have some here or you may find animals in the forest."

"That fake blood? No thank you. We will wait until we return to civilisation and then drink the purest blood."

With that the three vampires left. It wasn't until we felt them leave the property that we relaxed. Akashi's shoulders slumped and he wiped his face, looking tired.

"Shin, find his real reason for coming out here. I heard the Eve is reaching her coming of age maybe that is what he is searching for. Find what information you can, we can't allow him to get his hands on such a powerful being. If we must, I will find it and send it to the hunters."

Midorima bowed and rushed off and Akashi turned his eyes to me.

"Daiki go and do a permitter search, make sure he didn't bring any more men. After that go and make sure Ryota and Momoi are safe. I don't think he would dare to make a move on them but his hatred for you is strong. I don't want to risk it."