Chapter 6

Aomine's Pov

I stopped at Kise's door and double checked my appearance to make sure there was no blood on me. I hadn't been thinking clearly and it was sloppier than I was used too. I had already changed my blood soaked shirt, burning it in a fire. I recalled their faces, twisted in fear and felt a twinge of guilt. They were human, but I had slaughtered them without mercy. They had not shown any to Kise, so why should I?

I could smell him on the other side and hear his slow heart beat and even breathing, he must be asleep. I walked in quietly, making sure the door didn't squeak as I shut it behind me. Momoi was cleaning up the room, not caring about the blood and dirt on her dress. She looked up and glanced at the bed where Kise was sleeping peacefully.

"He won't wake up, I used my glamour to make him fall asleep. He needed to rest."

"Thank you Momoi."

I sat on the edge of the bed and soothed his hair as I felt Momoi's eyes on me in question.

"Their dead."

A sigh.

"I just hope you made it clean."

"I made it look like it was a human. They didn't go easily, I made sure of that."

Another sigh greeted my words and I glanced at her, my eyes flashing.

"I am your maker, I won't have you lecturing me."

She held up her hands and shook her head.

"I wasn't going to. All I was going to say is that you need to be careful. As one of Akashi's hunters you are supposed to be supporting the peace."

"And I do but that peace is between hunters and vampires, I didn't say I would allow human scum to get away with crimes. They hurt my mate, they deserved it."

"Do you intend to tell him what you are?"

"I-I don't know. It might be too soon."

"He knows something is up. He is very observant."

"I will, one day. Just let him stay in the light for a little longer before I drag him into my life."

I turned to see her pick up her basket and head for the door.

"That might not be an option for too much longer. It will get out that the great vampire Aomine has a weakness. They will come for you both, maybe you should let him know and let him make that decision."

She left and I sighed, lying down beside the blonde who shifted in his sleep and cuddled up to me.

"Aominecchi."

I looked down at him but he was fast asleep so I put my arm around him and pulled him closer. I breathed in his scent as I bit my lip to resist him. It was too late to let him go, I was captivated by him.

*One week later*

I walked down the street with Kise, a large hat protecting me from the afternoon sun as he picked out some food and I paid for it, ignoring his protests. His bruises were mainly gone on his face and only the deep ones around his wrist and on his hips remained a faded yellow colour.

"You don't have to pay for it."

I took his hand in mine and the basket of fruits and vegetables off him as I led him down the street. I saw him sniff the air as we passed close to a food stand and I bought him some of the sweet dumplings.

"I have money to spare Kise."

"That's true. It's not like you need it to buy food, you never eat."