#9

Niall's POV

As I woke up, looked down at the sleeping beauty snuggled in my arms. Even with the makeup smeared across her face, hair looking like a birds nest and the dark bags under her eyes, she was still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I softly traced along her bottom lip, everything about her was perfect, even the wrinkles engraved on her forehead as her eye brows where furrowed looked perfect. I gently smoothed the creased on her forehead as her eyes fluttered open.

"Hi" she smiled, nesting her head further in my neck and wrapping her arms around my neck, "thank you" she whispered in my ears as she hopped out of bed and stretched.

"Don't thank me. I'm just looking out for you" I smiled

"That text you sent me last night...." She started as all the blood rose to my cheeks and I'm sure turned a deep red, "it was the most beautiful thing I've ever read and now I realise.....your the one I want" she blushed biting her bottom lip

"Oh" is all i manage to say

"Oh?" She asks, confused from my not so exaggerated, excited remark, "why just 'oh'?"

"It's just..." I sigh knowing that I'm going to regret this but it's for her well being, "you had a rough night last night from what I saw but your probably confused and sad right now and another say you'll wake up and realise that you make some wrong choices out of desperation. I don't want to be one. When your back in your feet fully and if your still willing, I would love to take you out of a date" I say gently, unsure of my answer. Her eyes started to tear up as she cups her head in her hands and begins to sob

"Oh crap Cass, I-I'm sorry. M-Maybe I'm wrong....." I stutter, hating myself for what I just did

"No, that's the thing. Your so right!" She cried gasping for air, "I'm a mess! I won't even be able to tie my own shoes!" She fell to the floor digging her head into her hands once again and sobbed. I knelt down and hugged my arms around her trembling, frail body.

"Hey Cass! You know what? You gotta put up with the rain before your get the rainbow" I sigh, not expecting her to understand

"How much rain will there be?" She sobbed, still having her head buried in her hands

"I don't know, wish I did but I don't. But I know that it'll end, before you see the light you've got to put up with the darkness" I smiled slightly when my voice broke, lightly squeezing her in my arms

"Don't go soft on me Niall. Why so many quotes?" She giggles slightly before looking back up to me. Her eyes were slightly bloodshot and the tip of her nose was a light pink along with the dark bags under her eyes covered in the run mascara from the previous night. Grabbing the end of my shirt I lifted it to her face and wiped away the tears and mascara before dropping the shirt and cupping her head in my hands. She rested her head into my hands and sighed happily closing her eyes, "gosh your beautiful" I murmered under my breath.

"Hmm?" He opened her eyes and raised her head

"Oh um nothing" I blushed, standing to my feet and ripping my dirty t shirt off before gliding over to my wardrobe to grab a new shirt. I could feel her eyes on me.

Cassie's POV

As he peeled his dirty shirt with my run mascara off he walked over to his wardrobe to grab a new short. I tried to look away but it was like a magnet. As he scurried through the draws his muscles moved smoothly over his body till he stopped and turned to me, "what's so fascinating?" He teased, he knew I was watching him.

"Nothing I just...you know.....you have um...." He stuttered as he raised his eye brows, smiling and biting his tounge between his teeth, "muscles!" I yelled clapping my hands over my mouth giggling.

"Haha what can I say?" He laughed, curtsying to me to be goofy

"Wow" I laughed raising my eyes brows and biting my bottom lip to stifle my laughter

"Here" he grabbed a shirt and threw it to me, "it's my sisters, she looks about her size so you could wear it today if you want" I looked at the shirt, it was a black lace full length arms with a black singlet attached beneath. It was beautiful, I looked at the tag to see where it's from and printed on it was 'Nicolette Horan' I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as there was the evidence that it was in fact his sisters.

He put his hands over his face and turned around signalling me to change. As I put the lace top on I stood up and walked to the full length mirror Niall was standing next to and gave a little twirl as he turned back around and opened one of the gaps between his fingers to see me. He clapped his hands a few times then pretending to shoot himself in his head, I love his childish humour.

I looked in the mirror and realised what his behaviour was for. It was nice against my body, fitting perfectly and complimenting my curves. I was very pleased with his sisters choice of clothing!

"Well, classes start in an hour, would you like to grab a coffee before hand?" He asked checking his watch

"Sure, let me just put some makeup on and brush my hair" I turned to go to the bathroom before realising that Niall wouldn't have makeup or a brush.....at least I don't expect him to, "Hey Niall, would you by any chance have any make up or a brush?"

"Sorry, I don't like people using my expensive makeup" he sarcastically replied giggling to himself

"Haha" I laughed, really laughed for the first time in 12 hours but what felt like a year

"You look beautiful just the way you are" Niall blushed, stepping closer to me till we were just inches apart, "why have to change or cover ip what is perfect?" My heart fluttered as I bit my lip to hold back the tears, he's too good for you my subconscious remarks, snapping me out of my daze, "let's go" I say, cupping my hand into his as I turned to walk, when he accepted my invite and grabbed my hand I winced at the sudden pain. I forgot about my wrist.

"Ouch" I whispered

"Oh, I'm so sorry" he exclaimed, pulling his two hands to his cheek

"No it's not you, he...uh... Did it last night...on accident" I say pulling the black lace sleeve over it, holding the end in my hand ignoring the pain

"Let me see" Niall gentle tugged the fabric away and pushed it slightly up my arm gasping at the dark purple and blue mark along my wrist, swollen and bruised it looked hideous, "oh! We need to go to the campus doctor" he gasped, his eyes brows furrowed as he looked hurt my my pain I nodded and exited the room, me wrapping my arms around his arm as we walked together.