Chapter Eight *

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. THIS CHAPTER HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE TRIGGERING FOR HARMFUL BEHAVIOR. READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

======================================================

Chapter Eight

Elly's Point of View

"W-what?" My heart begins to race, my hands shaking.

"Tom, El..he's back"

I begin to shake my head, dropping the phone on the table. I look at Harry, and wrap my arms around myself. His brow crinkles.

"Darc...why don't you uh go play with Wyn" Harry says, confusion masking his face. She smiles up at him, dimples popping, and runs out of the room calling Wynne's name.

"T-t-tom." Is all I say and his eyes widen in realization.

"Niall..you need to come in here now." Harry says.

I cant hear what they say after that, the fear of Tom pounding through my veins. He found me. He found me. He'll kill me. I can't explain how terrified I am right now, I can only compare this fear to one other experience in my life. Not even the night of my own almost death. But the night of Harry's.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there signs that someone would take their own life? As far as I knew, ther were none. Suicide was an imginary thing that never happened in our town. His scars were thick and there were many but thats all they were, scars. The long sleeves were a constant with him to hide the bruising, so I guess I wouldn't have known if there was anything new. That day was a normal day, or so it seemed. We were out back skipping class, it was our last day so no one gave a shit. At least we bothered to show up, unlike Niall. I was taking a drag from my cigarette when Harry began to fidget with his clothes.

"C'mon Harry, whatcha stressing 'bout now? Mom and Pops had it out for you again?" He nods. I make a circling motion with my empty hand and he turns around. I lift up the back of his shirt, just expecting the usual burns. As soon as the cool air hits his back he flinches. I let out a loud gasp, dropping his shirt back onto his back. He lets out a strangled noise, his voice raw. I can tell he was screaming all night. I would be too.

I drop the cigarette to the ground, and smash it with my boot. Then, I lift his shirt up carefully and examine the jagged marks noticing small nodules here and there. The skin was red, torn and I was unsure how he got a shirt on, let alone how he walked around all day. Some had soft yellow puss oozing from the sides.

"What did they use?" I ask softly

"Belts. Two in each hand." He says

"Why?"

" They found out about Lola.."

I shake my head sadly." Gosh babe, I'm sorry. But hey, we graduate this weekend. You two--er three..can leave this town and never look back."

"Thats gonna be hard to do without the other two El."

"What do you mean?"

"Lola left. She wants nothing to do with me."

"What! Why?"

"Dunno. Cant blame her I guess."

"Harry.." I sigh. I drop his shirt and walk over to face him. I rub his arm and shake my head. I am so disgusted right now. By Lola, by Harry's parents. How could anyone do this to someone so beautiful?