Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

Cadence's Point of View

"Wait, wait, wait. You did what?!" I laugh.

Liam smiles down at me and shakes his head.

He is currently recapping the story of one of his many "exciting" high school adventures. He began the tale of how he mistook Eleanour's kind demeanor--I've yet to see that in action-- for actual interest. When she began to dodge him, he saw it as her playing hard to get.

"I ignored all of the obvious signs. I thought she really liked me!" He chuckles.

"Well I would've thought she liked me too. I've never seen her being kind to anyone."

"Yeah, but you would've had a better shot with her than me!"

I laugh again, clutching my stomach.

"I did so many things--aside from announcing my love for her on the school's p.a. system-- to try and get her to notice me. I did so many things." He sighs with this and I see a small melancholy smile melt onto his lips.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. I just--have you ever done anything that you really regret? Like with all your heart. Like if I could offer you the oppurtunity to take it back right now, would you?"

I try to think.

Is there anything that I would take back?

"Yes." I say.

I would take back meeting Tom.

He took everything away from me.

I would take back ever letting myself close to him.

He took away everything from his daughter too.

Wynne.

If I had never met Tom, I would never have had the oppurtunity to meet her.

"I change my mind." I say. "There is nothing that I would want to take back."

He nods and smiles, as if knowing what my internal struggle was.

"See, there are many things I would take back." He sighs again and looks away.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, but.. then I would've never met you." He smiles.

I laugh at him.

"I'm flattered, Liam. But that was honestly the cheesiest thing I've heard in my entire life."

"All of my cheesy pick up lines and such, all of them, I learned from Harry."

I try my best to frown, but a smile overtakes my face.

"True story, I swear." Liam laughs. "How is Harry, by the way?" His tone suddenly becomes serious. I'm startled by it.

I think back to last night.

"He's um fine.."

Liam raises a brow at me.

"He doesn't sound fine to me.."

"Well, I don't actually know." I sigh. "None of them tell me anything."

"I don't blame them." He says.

"What?"

"I don't blame them. I would never want to force you into our world, no matter how much you beg to know."

I shake my head. "I-I don't understand."

"Me, Harry, Eleanor, Halo...Niall. We-we're not good people, Cade. We haven't done good things." He says.

"I'm sure that's not true--"

"You wouldn't really know though, would you? How much has Niall actually told you about his past? How much have I?"

I can't think of a response. My mouth just sits there, opening.

Liam smiles down at his lap.

"I've said too much. Bottom line is, Cade, if there is anything you want to know about us--anything at all-- it might just be safer for you to erase that question from your head because there is no way in hell that I think anyone of us are going to let it slip. It's too dangerous for you to know, my dear Eve. I don't want to be the one to hand you the knowledge of the world, it would ruin you." He says.

He begins to stand up.

"Liam, wait." I say.

He looks down at me.

"If-if I'm Eve, what does that make you? What does that make everyone else?"

He laughs at me as if I'm a naive child, no older than Wynne herself.

"Well that would make us rulers, dear Cadence. It would makes us kings." He looks up as if contemplating something in his head. He sighs and begins to walk away. I feel like I acheived nothing with this conversation. I start to pick myself up, ready to grab the girls and go when I hear Liam call my name.

I turn in his direction.

"It would make us..monarch's I guess."

I nod and am about to continue towards the swing set the girls are playing on.

"It would make us Pharoah's." He says before turning to walk away.

Pharoah's.

Pharoah's Czech.

Pharoah's Czech Underlings.

What. The. Actual.

Either Liam is a little twisted in his head and likes to make odd analogies, or he was trying to tell me something. It was something big that I would've never found out on my own.

Liam is involved with one of the largest gangs in London.

And so is my brother.

BAEE'S THERE'S LIKE 300 READSS OR SOMETHING OMF..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~