Chapter Thirty-Two

omf what even is this book.  I hate it lol it sucks deckle. um yeah. so here's the next shittayy chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cadence's Point of View

After my slightly confusing, but partially helpful conversation with Liam, I grabbed both of the girls and rushed home.

I pushed the door open to find Elly and Halo standing worriedly in front of Harry's bedroom door.

"Where's Niall." I nearly shout, my teeth clenching.

"He's with Harry.. why?" Halo says, cautiously.

"I think it's time he and I have a heart to heart." I snap.

"What crawled into your pants this morning?" Elly sneers.

"You and all of your lying!"

Halo and Elly's eyes widen simoltaneously. They form a sort of body wall in front of Harry's door.

"Okay, well you can talk to him but just not right now." Elly says, quickly.

"Why not?" I cross my arms in front of my chest, childishly.

"Because I--"

"Because something happened while you were gone and we are doing damage control." Halo says, cutting her off.

My arms fall down. "What happened?"

"We would tell you, but there seem to be a few pairs of sensitive ears in the room." Ellys says. She gestures to Wynne and Darcy and I sigh.

"Why don't you girls go play dolls in your room?" I say, turning to the younger girls.

They murmur to each other and nod at me before rushing up the steps.

"Now the ears are gone. Spill." I say.

Elly and Halo look at each other, contemplating whether or not they should say anything.

I roll my eyes and use this moment of weakness to push past them and rush into Harry's room.

"Niall what the--" I stop abruptly and take in the sight before me.

Harry is crying into his hands on the bed, Niall stands above him looking out of sorts.

Niall turns to me. "Cade?" Is all he says.

"Harry-- is this because of me?"

He bites his lip. "Well--"

"No. I want the truth."

"Yes." He says.

I run a hand through my hair.

"How?"

"It wasn't exactly you..but what you did triggered a memory. Harry comes from a.. troubled past. Women are --what did you do, Cade?"

"I slapped him.." I whisper. Shame builds its mask on my face. I didn't know any of this. I can't help but feel guilty, however, anger still rages in my chest.

"Cadence! How could you?"

"I didn't know he would be so affected by it! You guys never tell me anything!"

"It doesn't matter. You can't just go around smacking people because you feel like it!"

"I didn't do it because I felt like it, Niall. He has a daughter! He can't waltz around being high off his ass! That's not okay!"

"You're not his mum! You have no right to tell him what to do!"

"He can't drive under the influence, Niall! He could've died!"