Chapter 18

Unexpected

Chapter Eighteen: Our Little Monster Spawn

"Becca do you have a cigarette?" Nathan asks and she grabs one out of the pack. "Go outside though" she demands and he walks out the front way lighting his cigarette. "You've got him trained" I shout to Becca and she giggles. "What'd you use? The stuff I have doesn't work on this one" Meredith asks pointing at Jackson he smiles at her and she sits on his lap on the gray chair.

Toby puts his arm around me and I relax on the leather couch. "Do you think we could talk for a minute?" He asks and I nod he stands up and I follow him up the stairs and into the hallway. "What's wrong?" I ask and he sighs running his fingers through his hair his hands shaking. "I-I need you to take this and soon" he stutters handing me a small but long box, I look down at it and see the word "pregnancy".

"Toby how could I be pregnant? I mean it's barely been a day how could we even tell?" I ask worry shaking through me. "I've made a modification to it there are ways to tell for our kind but that would require the council and if your dad found out he would probably kill our possible child" he steps closer pushing his palms lightly against my stomach and my back.

"Don't be afraid I just need to know now so I can plan what we are going to do it takes a while so we will have to wait to see if you are even pregnant" he holds me close and I stay there. "Just do your business and come into my room when you're done..." He whispers in my ear and I nod looking down at the test. I walk into the bathroom and hold the stick under me and do my thing.

It only takes a moment for it to show up. The blank oval glares back at me and tears slip out of my eyes, I set it on the counter and walk into Toby's room he jumps out of his position and stares at me. "Go look for yourself it's on the counter" I croak and he dashes into the bathroom. "I'll be in the kitchen...." I whisper next to the door and he opens it. "Hey...." He mutters and I look back he hugs me and I start to cry.

"Toby I wasn't ready to be like you how am I supposed to be ready for a baby? I mean I want one just not now" I sob and he pulls back. "Look at me" he calmly wipes away my tears. "We'll get through this.... This baby is ours no one not your father or the council can take this child away from us" he smiles. "This baby will be a badass if the mother is a metá and the father is a vampire if you are pregnant of corse" I giggle and he hugs me again rubbing my back.

"My parents need to know....." I say pulling away and walking down the stairs with him. "They will after we get married we should know by then" he holds my hand and I nod. "Hey guys what's wrong you look like you've been crying?" Jackson asks and Meredith looks at me with worry. "Is she?" Nathan asks and Toby nods. "We believe so" he whispers I place my hand on my stomach and Becca looks at Meredith with concern.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I shut the trunk and I let out a sharp sigh in pain, I lean against the the car and Toby holds me by my waist. "Don't push yourself baby I don't want you two to get hurt" he looks at me with worry and I nod. "I'll be fine" I whisper and he shakes his head. "Just don't do anything to push yourself like running or something like that" "Toby what if I'm not pregnant? I mean how long do I have to wait?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I still want to go away with you" he smiles at me and I smile back. "I have to go back to my house and get some things" I check my phone and he grabs my hand. "I'm coming with you" he whispers and I shake my head. "No my parents will notice that you're here" I whisper back and he smiles. "Lily I'm not leaving you or this possible baby alone with the one who could kill it and you" he glares at me and I nod. "Okay I just need to get a few things" I mutter and we walk inside.