Chapter 1

The senior party kind of lived up to its rumors. It was one hell of a party Niall must admit, and he was more than pleased that Louis finally became a senior, so he could invite him, Liam and Harry along.

The party was in full-swing; the music was blasting from the stereos, drinks were being refilled, people were laughing and dancing, having a great time overall.

Niall was kind of talking to this really pretty girl; she has long blonde hair and pretty chestnut brown eyes. She had this really nice voice, which doesn’t have the usual pitch that makes Niall cringe. He liked her, he concluded as he was listening to her talking.

“You’re such a cutie-pie, Niall,” She said and Niall’s face fell a little. Of course, he had never been anything more than the cute Irish kid with the funny accent and dyed blond hair. The girls liked him, but not in the way he wanted them to. For them, he’s no more than friend material, and it kind of sucked; really badly.

When the girl – Camilla – ruffled up in his hair, pinched his cheeks and cooed at him, he knew he had no chances with her whatsoever. He really just wanted to cry a little, because he was a junior in high school, and he had still not lost his virginity. It might not be that big of a deal, but Niall liked to think it was. Especially when Harry, who was younger than him had and even Liam, the sensible one had as well. Of course Louis had, and he kind of felt left out. Besides, he was a teenage boy and his hormones was talking to him.

He sighed as he excused himself from the girl and wandered off so he could cry over Liam’s shoulder, or maybe find Harry so he could keep him company. He pushed his way through the crowd, trying not to spill his drink over people, and he found Liam in a corner. However, he wasn’t alone. He was standing with his girlfriend, Danielle.

Niall didn’t want to intrude so he trudged away to find his curly-haired younger companion. He had no luck whatsoever, and he guessed he was somewhere snogging a girl, since he had much more luck with girls than Niall would ever dream of. He found Louis though, but he was in the kitchen in the middle of a heated beer pong with his senior mates. Niall felt a little irrelevant and lonely, not to mention, the music was suddenly too loud and the place too cramped for his taste.

A few minutes later, he found himself in the front of the house, and he relished in the cool breeze. He closed his eyes as he sighed softly, but the sound of snickering grabbed his attention. His cerulean eyes snapped in the general direction of the sound.

Two guys were pressed up against each other at the far end of the house, up against the wall. It was dark, and Niall was a little far away, but he still managed to recognize one of them. The one pressing the other boy against the wall could be none other than the dark-haired, tattoo-wearing Zayn Malik; the so called ‘bad boy’ of the school. He was also a junior, but Niall didn’t have any classes with him really. All he knew about this guy was the rumors that circled around the school on a daily basis. Apparently, he was the kind of guy you didn’t want to get involved with or mess with. His bad reputation didn’t stop girl as well guys from drooling at his feet; his mysterious aura attracting them.

Currently, he was making out with this guy and Niall eyes widened a little when his hand disappeared down the guy’s trousers. He was about to look away when Zayn suddenly released the boy’s mouth and turned his eyes on him. Their eyes met and Niall flushed a deep crimson at being caught staring. He wished he’d looked away sooner, and then he wouldn’t have seen the smirk on Zayn’s lips and the wink he sent him.

….

Niall had finally found Harry, and the two of them were now downing drink after drink and generally just trying to outdo each other. Maybe it wasn’t fair play to begin with since Niall was Irish after all, and it just ran in his blood.