Chapter 7 : Pain and Love

I don't know how long I lay in Alec's arm's, but the silence and had become unbearable. He has yet to say a word to me, only keep quiet. I loved him dearly, and I hope that he knew that. There was nothing in this world that could drive me away from this man. I was mated to him and I felt everything he felt. Right now though, the bond was so weak that I couldn't even feel his normal emotions. I wanted nothing more than to rekindle the love that was lost between us, but I feared that he no longer loved me. I lifted my head and glanced at him, his eyes were closed and his face was focused like he was trying to concentrate. I sat up and asked him the question I had been dreading.

"Alec can we talk yet?" I asked.

"Bella, I am not sure that you could say anything that would make me feel better at this point." Alec replied.

"Alec, I love you." I said, trying to plead with him.

"Bella, you hurt me. I was trying to explain to you everything that had happened, but you ran off on me and I couldn't find you anywhere. I had searched and searched for you." Alec replied.

"Why did you cancel the wedding for. I thought that you wanted to be with." I said, tears filling my eyes.

"I don't want to marry someone I am going to have to spend my entire existence chasing around. I am tired of these petty games. Either you want to be with me, or you want to be with Edward. You can't have it both ways Bella." Alec said, trying to refrain from yelling.

"Alec I wasn't trying to hurt you. I just was hurt by what Adaline said, but after I read your letter, I knew that there was nothing serious there." I said, my voice had grown said, but I refused to let the tears fall. He sighed.

"Bella what do you want me to say?' Alec asked.

"Honestly, If you don't want to be with me, just say so. I can't do this anymore. I need a mate." I said.

I didn't look at him for fear of rejection. I couldn't take it if he decided he didn't want me anymore. At this point I would be killed. Edward had Adaline and Alec wouldn't take me back. My luck was gone. I didn't look up, just keep looking down. I gripped the sheets hard, and and tried not to let the tears fall. I didn't want to look weak, i've done that enough lately. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, and pull me back to his chest. Alec held me in his arms afraid to let go, and that is where I felt safe, that is where i belonged.

"Bella, I could never leave you alone." Alec whispered in my ear.

"Then why are you so upset with me." I cried, finally letting the tears spill over.

"Because Bella, you never listen to me. I tried to stop you, but you wouldn't let me catch you." He replied.

"I am sorry Alec. I didn't realize. I just got so upset and I didn't know what to do, so I ran. That's what I do best. " I said.

"Bella, sometimes you should wait and listen explanations instead of running." Alec said.

"I understand this, but I was hurt and confused." I said.

"How do you think that I felt?" Alec asked.

"I am sorry Alec, please don't leave me. I can't live without you." I said, trying not to cry.

"I'm not going to leave you Bella." Alec said, and his arms tightened around my waist.

"Why did you cancel the wedding. I died when Aro told me there was no wedding anymore." I asked.

"I canceled it, because we needed to resolve this before we got married and spent and eternity fighting." Alec replied.

"So are we still getting married?" I asked.