Chapter 10: A New Start

"Everyone I would like to announce my daughter Isabella. This first of our kind to be born in hundreds of years." Amarilla said. 

I watched as the few that remained of the Fairy Vampires cheered. I couldn't believe that I was the first of our kind in such a long time. I also couldn't believe what Aro did to these people. I know that he had his reasons, but he had no reason to attack these people and destroy them, all he had to do was talk to them and ask them kindly to go into hiding. They could have keep the secret and the people would still be alive.

"Please Isabella feel free to roam the city and meet all the wonderful people that reside here." Amarilla said.

"Where will you be headed to?" I asked.

"I have some business to attend to, and I need to prepare your room for you." Amarilla replied.

"Where will my room be?" I asked.

"Right next to mine of course, and you will have the finest bed and silks that can be bought. You are my daughter." Amarilla said, and then she disappeared.

I couldn't even see her leave, it was almost like she teleported. I guess that I really did have a lot to learn about my powers. I had much to learn about who I was as well, and about who my ancestors were. I wish that my parents and friends all remember me, but thanks to Serena and her powers they would never remember and the worst part was, Alec wouldn't either. Alec would never remember the first time he meet, the first kiss, the first time we made love, and our beautiful wedding. That was all gone. Lost to the waves of time. Lost to the blackness of Serena's web of lies and the black hole that she had sucked him into and everyone else.

I walked down the large lavish steps. This part of the temple seemed to be open, but yet hidden the rest of the world. The upkeep of this portion of the temple was amazing and lavish. There was beautiful flowers everywhere and the whole place looked like a large garden filled with ponds, flowers, trees, and wildlife. It was like paradise. I loved it here. I walked through the gardens taking my time and enjoying the scenery. I loved how well this place was keep up. I walked along the cobblestone path a admired the lovely pond that it lead to.

"It is truly beautiful isn't it?" Asked a voice from behind.

I turned around to see a man that was more beautiful then Alec. I really didn't think that it was possible to see another man in that light, but here I stand. He had an unusually tanned skin, beautiful blue and gold eyes. It was like looking into the Caribbean sea and seeing small shards of gold. His hairs was as black as a raven and as silky feather. He looked like a god and his wings were out freely. They were a beautiful blue and gold. He was wearing no shirt and his muscles were well defined, and he was at least 6.4. He had strong, high cheekbones, and his hair was just the right length that it framed his face amazingly.

"Did I startle you?" He asked. I looked up realizing that I had been distracted.

"I am sorry for being rude. It is really beautiful." I replied.

"This is my favorite place to come when I want to be alone." He said.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Oh do forgive me, where are my manners. I am Abdul second in command to the queen." Abdul replied.

"It is nice to meet you. My name is Isabella." I said.

"Yes I know. That is pretty amazing that the queen has taken you on as her daughter. It has been a long since I have seen joy in the queens eyes." Abdul said.

"Really, she seems so kind. I thought that she was always that way." I said.

"She is always that way, but you can still see the sadness in her eyes. Time has taken it's toll on, and there are many things that she wishes that she could have avoided." Abdul said.