a familiar face

The familiar face who's eyes met with ones of conflicted emotions smiled with such innocence. It didn't seem to be really happening. How was the sister of Yutos best friend, the who had previously been whisked away to some place,

how was one of the ones that they were trying so desperate to save, be the one to rescue them in their time of need? why here? why now? Were they dreaming?

Nothing seemed to add up. The more he and yuya tried to convince themselves that this was a positive situation, the less believable, it seemed and the more questions were added to the mix of seemingly endless possibilities.

the proof that she was there was unmistakable. but the evidence that was needed to answer why, was lacking.

"I-Is that really Ruri?"

Yuto's eyes widened in disbelief. he knew he should be relieved she was safe, but something was off. while he felt some hope, he also felt unease.

yuya noticed once again the similarity between yuzu and this girl. the same simularity between Yuzu and Serena. there was no end to the surprises. Matter of fact there seemed to be so many of them, there wasn't any room for being surprised at this point. but while the need for "suprised" emotions happened to be lacking, there was an emotion that still remained more dominant. that emotion was the unease and need to be cautious. Even so, in the situation they were in, there wasn't much of a choice then to trust that they were in safe hands despite their instincts telling them otherwise, the person in front of them, not only was dear to yuto, but also perhaps the only one who could possibly allow them to escape from the shackles that bound them to the room, however every inch of the boys body, and perhaps even with the help of their newly found demon like instincts, warned them they were in danger, and this was indeed showed by the position of Yuyas tail that seemed to be sticking straight up in the air, as he and yuto moved forward, outstretching a hand, before pulling it back in hesitation.

"Whats wrong?" Ruri asked, with a seemingly innocent look on her face.

"

Don't you wanna escape?" She continued.

There wasn't any time left to ponder it.

"Please let us out of here, but I have questions for you afterward..." yuya looked at her with concern.

Ruri smiled.

"I know that's why I came here. I was locked up here once myself, but I managed to find a way to escape at least this cell, but I haven't managed to fully get out of here, but i know the way out, I did some searching. I need to go find my group, my brother Shun and his best friend will be waiting.

Yuto and Yuya began to show a hint of sadness in their eyes. despite the warning signs and the fact this may be a trap, how was yuya supposed to tell her how her own brother was recently carded, and also that yuto was inside of him, little by little the emotions of warning were overridden by forgetfulness of said warnings.

Yuya looked down.

"I'm sure you will get them back," he said with regret and guilt for his lies.

Ruri took out the keys to the cell and the shackles, and placed the key inside of the locks, freeing them from their restraints.