Chapter One

Chapter One

                                                         Preparations

                                               “Old, but I'm not that old

                                            Young, but I'm not that bold

                                         And I don't think the world is sold

                                           I'm just doing what we're told”

                                         Counting Stars- One Republic

          “Good morning!” I rolled over to see Alice standing over me, her smile highlighting the delicate features of her face. I took a second to look her over she was wearing a lacy white top, a pretty blue and purple scarf, with a cute blue jacket, black skinny jeans, and flats. I blinked and looked back up at her still not understanding why she had woken me up. I glanced over at the clock quickly and noted- irritably- that it was seven in the morning. “Alice” I said slowly and she tilted her head to the side smiling again “Yes?” her bell like voice responded.

        “Three questions” I said and she nodded eagerly “First, why are you in my room? Second, why did you wake me up at 7 a.m.? And third, where is my fiancé?” That was the other thing I noticed after Alice had woken me up, that Edward had disappeared which was odd, because he always stayed with me until I woke up. Unless, there was more trouble with the bounty hunters, the last few weeks have been hectic. With the school year ending, Alice insisted that I do everything as if I were a true human.

        So naturally I went to prom, which Edward was only to happy to take me to, seeing how when I went through school the first time I was tutored in the palace, and we didn’t have ‘proms’. Nevertheless it was a beautiful night, after prom we ended up in our meadow where we danced under the stars for hours. He looked like a beautiful dark angel that night, he wore a black tux that made his pale skin glow under the moonlight, and his bronze hair was tousled into that perfect messy style.

        Of course next was graduation, and Alice thought it would be a good idea to throw a party, not something I really wanted to do, but it made her happy so I just went along with it. That was two weeks ago and ever since then I feel like it has been one ordeal after another.

        Gabriel, the commander of the Volturi guard, and my ex-fiancé has set a bounty over my head. There have been multiple attempts at kidnapping me, the majority loyal to Gabriel, but some wish to kidnap me for selfish reasons. It is no secret to the other vampires that Gabriel would and will do just about anything to get me back and of course these bounty hunters are willing to see just how much they can get for my safe return. Then of course there is the fact that I am the daughter of King Aro and a vampire human hybrid, one of only three in the world.

        The good thing about this? At least he doesn’t want me dead just wants me to be returned to him, so we can be married and he can rightfully take over the Volturi throne. Something, I know has Edward both angry and worried, because he knows that I have been running from Gabriel for well over a century and he still has not stopped.

        The horrors of those last few months with him still haunt me sometimes when the memories creep into my consciousness. It’s a terrible thing to wake up one morning and realize that the person who you love and wish to marry is a horrible, horrible monster. Shaking my head I looked up at Alice who was watching me intently, as if she was reading my thoughts like Edward could, well only sometimes when my mental shield wasn’t up.