Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

                                                            Hell Hath No Fury

                                                 “So you're gone and I'm haunted

                                                      And I bet you are just fine

                                                       Did I make it that easy

                                               To walk right in and out of my life?”

                                                    Almost Lover- A Fine Frenzy

Volturi Castle, Volterra Italy

Chassidy

I smiled smugly as I rolled off of Gabriel, who was breathing rapidly still trying to catch his breath. I laid on my back staring up at the ceiling while my breathing steadily returned to normal. This was everything I had ever wanted.

To be staying in my own private wing within the castle, to hold power over lesser vampires, to be more than just the second born hybrid. I wanted to have my own position and power and with Gabriel I had all of this. From the day he first arrived at the castle, I wanted him. He was beautiful and powerful a lethal combination that was just my taste.

I did not have the chance to get close to him because my father was watching me closely; at the time he was trying to match me with some other lowly vampire. When I did finally see Gabriel again he was already enamored with that little upstart bitch!

I already disliked Isabella, but after that day I absolutely detested her. She had stolen what was mine, and to make it worse she did not even have to try. No matter how much I tried to seduce Gabriel he would not give into me.

It was insulting! She was a prude little girl, albeit with the body of a woman, but a mere child outdoing me. It was humiliating!

I smirked as I rolled over looking at Gabriel he was resting with his eyes closed, his chest rising every once in a while. I knew exactly how to tire him out, and leave him feeling completely sated.

“Where did you sneak off to in the middle of the night, I woke up looking for you” I purred seductively as I rubbed against the side of his body. Gabriel slowly opened his eyes and glanced at me briefly.

“I had to take an important phone call from David” he said then sat up quickly as he started to get dressed. I frowned and sat up slowly holding the sheet over my naked body. “David?” I said quietly as I thought about the last time I had seen him. It had been a few months and Élan was missing as well.  “Is he with Élan?” I titled my head to the side as I watched Gabriel scrolling through his phone.

“Yes, they are both together they are doing some work for me” he answered with a smirk. I could feel myself shaking with barely suppressed anger. I let out a scream and threw myself at him throwing punches which he easily dodged before throwing me on the floor.

He hissed down at me “What the hell is your problem, woman!” he roared at me. I got back on my feet quickly snarling at him.

“You sent them after that little bitch!” I yelled “How could you-” I stated to finish my statement when a fist hit me across the face. I screamed and fell to the floor holding my cheek I could already feel it swelling. He had hit me so hard I could taste blood in my mouth where my teeth cut the inside of my cheek.

“Y-you hit me” I said in amazement, as I fearfully looked up at him, cowering when he moved closer. “What? Did you think you were special? That I loved you?” Gabriel spoke patronizingly. He laughed at what had to be hurt and disbelief spread over my face.

“Oh, Chassidy” he shook his head and in a movement too fast for me to see he hauled me up by my arms. “You honestly thought I wanted you. This is so sad, I had thought you were smarter than this. Well, since you are confused I will make it very clear for you, you little whore”.

I gasped “I am not a whore! I would do anything for you. I-I lov-”. My protest were cut short when Gabriel tossed me on the bed. He looked down at me with disgust and that’s when I remembered that I was still naked. I moved to try to cover up when Gabriel pinned my arms against the bed hovering over me.

“What’s the matter, whore? Ashamed of yourself? Please, don’t start now, you’ve been playing the harlot for far too many years” Gabriel snarled and I felt my eyes sting with unshed tears. How could he have hidden his cruelty from me, over the last few years I had thought he was truly starting to love me. I had been so wrong and now I was truly suffering. I was bruised, embarrassed, and heartbroken.

“I will admit you are amazing in bed, Chassidy it truly is a gift you possess. One that I am sure you use whenever you need or want something. If you were fully human I am sure you would be infested with diseases.” Gabriel let me go and hopped up making his way to the door before opening it.

“I have no more use for you, dear. My queen will be returning soon” Gabriel said with a small smile it could almost pass for polite had I not looked into his angry eyes.

I stood quickly and started to gather my clothes when Gabriel grabbed my arm and threw me out. I landed on my butt with a hiss of pain I glared up at him. “You couldn’t even do me the honor of getting dressed?” I asked quietly hoping no one came and saw me like this.

“No. You behave shamelessly, so you can walk to the other side of the castle without shame I am sure”.

With that he slammed his door and headed toward the throne room. I watched him for a second before the tears started flowing and then I was wailing uncontrollably.

I turned and ran as fast as I could to my room slamming the door once I reached it. I immediately headed for the bathroom and scrubbed my body until it was bright red. I screamed as I sat in the bathtub, wishing this was not reality.

The only comfort I had was the reassurance that I held something that Gabriel desperately wanted.

Laying back I let my hands rest on my flat stomach...