Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Aftermath

"What I've seen so far

The good ones always seem to break"

Sky full of Song- Florence and the Machine

When I woke up, I was cradled in Edward's arms he was holding me tightly to his chest. I looked around and noticed we were sitting on a couch in the living room. I glanced out the windows it was completely dark I was slightly confused the last thing I remembered the sun had just risen.

"Hello, love" Edward spoke lowly kissing my forehead he was wearing my favorite crooked smile.

"Hi" I said placing a hand against his cheek.

"Hello Bella!" Alice's high soprano voice chimed as she appeared in front of me suddenly.

I smiled up at her it was so great to see her safe and well "Hello, Alice".

"Well it is about time you woke up" Rosalie spoke as she walked in from the back door followed by Esme, Lena, and William.

"Oh, don't let Rosalie fool you she's been worried" Esme said with a teasing smile as she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and headed for the kitchen.

"Of course," Rosalie said she gave me a quick wink and then disappeared upstairs.

"Bella" Lena and William sighed together before they pulled me out of Edwards arms to hug me. I noticed they were being very careful while handling me.

"We are so glad you are ok you had us a little worried" William said with a smile.

"I am sure" I smiled and pulled away to resume my previous position in Edward's lap "but I feel fine"

"Are you hungry, love" Edward asked I noticed his eyes were a dim gold color.

I rested my head against Edward's shoulder "Yes I am thirsty" I said clearing my throat.

"Ok love" he said kissing the side of my head gently before standing up with me in his arms I snuggled closer to him.

"How long have I been unconscious" I asked once we made it into the forest, and I felt his arms tightening around me slightly.

"A little over a day" he sighed. I looked up at him unbelievingly I was injured and lost a lot of blood but that seemed a long time.

"Oh" I said quietly then Edward lowered me to the ground.

"You had quite a few broken ribs" he said looking me over hesitantly "Carlisle said the extended rest should have aided in your healing".

I nodded "Yes they feel much better maybe a little tender but definitely not broken anymore" Edward smiled tightly.

I placed my hands on either side of his face "I am ok, love".

He sighed and kissed my forehead quickly "I know that, but you should have never been injured in the first place".

I simply shrugged "All's well that ends well" I said then turned and took off toward the scent of a moose. Edward was not keeping pace with me, but he was keeping close enough that he could reach me instantly if anything happened.

Finally, I spotted my prey and took him down within seconds and was drinking my fill before his body fully hit the floor.

I could hear Edward nearby he was just finishing his own moose when I walked over to him.

"I feel much better" I smiled wrapping my arms around him and giving him a tight hug "I love you".

"I love you too" He said pulling me close "Esme is making you pasta".