Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty- Three

The Guests have Arrived

"Girls just wanna have fun"

Girls Just Wanna have Fun- Cyndi Lauper

Guests had started arriving last night the first to arrive were Neela, Amaan, and Orion. The next guests to arrive late into the night were Zhen, Nuan, and Jian. They were all planning to spend a few days here after the wedding to here the war proposal and spend time with Lena and William.

The final guest that arrived early morning were the Althaan pack. Celina's little bump was no more it was much more pronounced and rounder. I noticed that Mackenzie and Andrei were missing from the group and when I inquired Vana happily told me Mackenzie had given birth just two days before. Celina practically glowed with pride as she happily informed us all that the baby boy was strong and healthy. Als looked just as proud as Celina it was the first birth in their pack since they had both been its Alphas.

"How far along are you now" Nuan asked as she rubbed Celina stomach gently a small smile on her face.

"Just at six months" Celina said happily as she rested her hands on either side of her stomach.

"When are you due" Lena asked as she handed Celina a plate of pastries and placed a cup of tea on the coffee table.

"Thanks" Celina said as she took the plate and happily started eating a blueberry and lemon puff pastry tart. She moaned after taking a bite "this is delicious" she hummed happily as she quickly finished the tart and ate another.

"Thank you! I made them just for you" Lena said with a pleased smile as she started setting out pastries for the rest of the pack.

"I am due in two months. Our healer estimates the pup will be born about mid-October" Celina said rubbing her belly.

"Well that only puts you at eight months" Neela said questioningly.

"Werewolf gestational period is only eight months" Celina said.

"However, a lot of times werewolf pups are early so it could be as soon as the end of September" Als added from next to her.

Celina rolled her eyes "We will see. As long as the pup is healthy, I don't care when I go into labor" she said smiling over at Als.

"I cannot wait!" Lena squealed excitedly "I am going to spoil that little baby; I can't wait to go shopping for clothes"

"Aw I love babies" Zhen smiled from where she was seated by the window.

*****

It was mid-afternoon when we headed over to the Cullens with everyone- the Denali Coven had arrived.

I had mixed feelings about seeing them again. While I was happy to Eleazar and I enjoyed Carmen, Kate, and Irina's company. I was wary of seeing Tanya especially after what Edward told me right after everyone left.

As I already had a slight inkling of what her problem with me was it was still not good to hear it said out loud. I remember Edward was shocked by reaction if not slightly amused.

"Wait, let me get this straight your 'cousin' is in love with you" I laughed.

Edward frowned slightly "I didn't say that"

"Look she was more than a little hostile. I think her feelings go deeper than simple affection"

Edward sighed "Bella it does not actually matter how she feels"

"I think it does. You were not getting shot with those looks" I huffed.

He rolled his eyes "I've never returned her feelings and made that very clear to Tanya"