Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

                                                              Undisclosed

                                               “When I thought that I was strong.

                                                But you touch me for a little while

                                                And all my fragile strength is gone”

                                                          Gravity- Sara Bareilles

“Lena and William should be here sometime today. She said that she had to make a stop on her way back” I informed everyone that morning over breakfast. I had been slightly disappointed that it was taking my aunt so long to return. I was worried for her and my uncle’s safety, Gabriel had already shed blood.

Last night I had, had a terrible nightmare, it felt almost like a premonition of sorts. It has left me feeling extremely tense and agitated this morning. Something that Edward as well as Celina have not missed, they are both trying their best to get me talking this morning.

“Isabella” Edward spoke gently as he caressed the side of my cheek gently, fully alert I looked at him questioningly. I raised an eyebrow, slightly amused “Since when do you call me that?” Edward looked relieved a moment before a mischievous smile spread across his face. He leaned closer, until our noses brushed against each other “Since, now” he said kissing me quickly.

Before I said anything he was up and out of the kitchen, I laughed shaking my head. Glancing across the table I saw Esme smiling at me, I blushed softly before moving to wash my dishes.

“He loves you immensely, Bella” I heard someone say next to me, I looked up quickly and saw Celina standing there. I smiled “Yeah, I know”, she grabbed and towel and started drying the dishes and putting them away.

“Are you okay, sis? This morning you seem a little off, not to mention your reaction to seeing Kaila’s body”. I sighed and gave her a pleading look “Celina, please” I made to move out of the kitchen but she stood in front of me. “Don’t do that!” she hissed sharply drawing the attention of those around us. “Don’t push me away, I am only trying to help” she said quietly laying a hand on my shoulder.

I stepped back a little; taking a deep breathe “I know and I apologize… I’m just stressed”. Celina watched me for a few moments before grabbing my hand and dragging me from the kitchen. We headed out the back door and toward the small stream that ran between the Cullen’s backyard and the forest.

Celina carefully sat down on the floor and gestured for me to do the same. Once we were sitting she smiled encouragingly and said “Okay, relax and tell me what’s wrong”.

“Where to even begin?” I sighed as I ran a hand through my loose hair. “The beginning is always a good place, sestra” she said teasingly and I rolled my eyes.