Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

The Hunt

"From the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow
The hammer of the gods"

Immigrant Song- Led Zeppelin

Celina

On the Hunt

I was pacing near the window listening to the battle that was miles away and wishing that I could join my pack, but I knew that the heir to the pack came first.

I glanced over my shoulder I could feel the nervous energy that buzzed around Mackenzie as she cradled her extended stomach. This was her first pup and I knew how long her, and her mate had been trying to conceive I would do anything to keep her and her pup safe.

Looking over at Kaila she was so still as she sat perched on the arm of the couch staring out toward the woods. Occasionally she would look over at me and Mackenzie almost as if she were reassuring herself that we were truly ok.

I felt the wolf in me still up her hackles were raised, and she was on full alert she was determined to protect her packmates.

"Celina please sit and relax" Mackenzie said she wore a small tired smile and she gestured to the seat next to her.

I hesitated slightly and Kaila added "Please rest. Everyone will be fine" she smiled then said "I will keep watch for now"

With a nod I sat next to Mackenzie who immediately moved closer pressing herself against me.

I felt her wolf reaching out to me seeking comfort and reassurance I wrapped my arms around her shoulder.

"Celina!" Kaila suddenly shouted a little later and I instantly jumped up and was straining my senses. I sharpened my hearing and sight seeking out what had caused her distressed.

"Newborns" Mackenzie growled as she too stood and immediately crouched into a low defensive position.

"You both stay here I will go" Kaila said then she was shifting and out the back door before I could tell her no.

"Mac stay here unless absolutely necessary. You are too far along I won't risk you or the pup" I snarled then shifted and ran toward the newborns.

This group was significantly smaller than the group everyone else was currently fighting. Around about thirty or so, Kai and I should be able to handle this group without much trouble.

She was tearing her way through newborn after newborn she may be young, but she was fast and agile.

I focused on my own opponents lunging and ripping the head off a tall bond male. He howled and then lay still as I flung his head away from myself.

I growled and threw myself at each newborn as they came my way, we were making good progress. I glanced over Kai was doing well she was moving fluidly guiding gracefully and deadly through the air.

I was proud of the fighter she had become; she was so much stronger than she was when we first found her.

"Celina" a voice hissed suddenly

I whipped around to my left and saw the last person I expected to see here. I growled and shifted back into my human form and stood straight with my teeth bared.

"Elan" I snarled and her smirked as he looked me over with his ruby red eyes.

"So wonderful to see you again" he smirked darkly then in an instant he threw himself at me.

I was used to his fighting style and his moves I shifted and met him head on.

We exchanged blow for blow I was careful to keep my stomach guarded it was slightly hindering my fighting, but I was determined to keep him away from Mac and Kai.