Chapter Twenty- Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Honeymooners

"And all my stumbling phrases

Never amounted to anything worth this feeling"

All this and Heaven Too- Florence and The Machine

It was mid afternoon when we finally decided to leave the bed- well Edward decided. My stomach growled just when I was attempting to kiss Edward again. He chuckled, kissed me quickly, and left to make me lunch before I could complain.

I sighed dramatically and heard Edward laughing from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the bathroom, I used the bathroom then took a nice hot shower. I dried off and wrapped the towel around myself while I brushed through my hair then pulled it up into a high ponytail.

I noticed that all my things were hanging up in the closet or put away in the dresser. I smiled as I looked through different sundresses- Edward must have did some unpacking during one of my many naps. I pulled down a blue flowy spaghetti strap dress with a ruffle at the hem. I slipped the dress over my head, it stopped mid-thigh and moved over to the drawer to grab a pair of panties.

I walked out and into the kitchen Edward was standing in front of the stove he was stirring something in a pan. It smelled wonderful- I could pick up butter, cream, parmesan, and pasta.

"Mmm you made me fettuccine" I said excitedly as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

Edward chuckled and placed one of his hands against mine "I know it's your favorite".

I stretched up on my tip toes and planted a kiss against the side of his neck "Thank you, husband".

Edward smiled down at me as he added the noodles into the pan with the thick creamy sauce. He tossed everything together and then plated the pasta on a pale blue plate.

"You are most welcome, wife" he leaned down and kissed me, he pulled away, and taking my hand he led me to the tiled table.

I started eating as soon as my butt touched the chair I was starving. Edward must have noticed my enthusiastic eating because he chuckled lowly.

"This is delicious" I sighed happily taking a few sips of water.

"Thanks. You seem very hungry, love" he commented offhandedly.

I shrugged "A little. It makes sense if you think about it"

He arched a brow. "How so" he asked teasingly.

I bushed slightly "Well it's been a couple hours since I've eaten... and I did burn more calories than usual".

He chuckled slightly "True. Perhaps I am not feeding you enough, love"

"Perhaps" I laughed as I stood up taking my plate back into the kitchen before, I could attempt to wash it Edward took it and washed it and the pan.

I wrapped my arms around Edward's shoulders squeezing him close "I love you so much".

"I love you too" he leaned down kissing me for a moment before he pulled away "Do you want to go exploring for a little bit?".

I nodded "Sure" I agreed leaning in to kiss him before I pulled away taking his hand in mine.

The island was beautiful the lush thick jungle held many exotic flowers. They were various bright vibrant colors of yellow, fuchsia, orange, and violet. We spent a lot of time on the south end of the island after climbing carefully we saw gorgeous parrots hidden away in a canopy. The feathers were long, and the colors vividly painted across them. Everything here so far was lush, colorful, and peaceful so vastly different from anywhere I've been in a while. It felt wonderful running through the lush jungle- the sun was mostly blocked out by the thick canopy of the many trees; however, the sun poked through and provided a dim light. The ground was cool against my bare feet as I ran through the still jungle. The tropical breeze whipping through my hair and against my skin.