COLD-HEARTED

"Yunho, please..."

His mother sounded desperate, broken yet strangely Yunho felt nothing. He simply continued perusing the latest agreement he's offered as if they're not even there.

"Stop acting like a jerk, Yunho! Your family needs you!"

Yunho got up so fast the chair fell under him. It was the wrong thing to say, Jaejoong belatedly realized only after he cowered under Yunho's hardened glare.

"Son..."

"I need you four years ago, Jaejoong. Where were you?" Voice cold as ice, Yunho cackled darkly ignoring his father's attempt to placate him. "Ah, playing hide and seek with my family's help, weren't you, Love?"

Yunho used to reverently call him that with so much love. Now it was full of spite and Jaejoong couldn't take such change. This man is not his Yunho anymore.

They did this to him.

"I wonder, why was I alone when I need my family and lover the most? Oh yes. Because they thought it's fun to test someone's love, didn't they?"

"Yunho, son..."

"When I feel like dying with every breath I took, nobody come to rescue me from the pain. I wonder why."

"Yunho please..."

"Nobody told me anything even when I'm starting to lose my sanity bit my bit. It's funny, don't you think?"

"Yunho, I know I'm stupid for not telling you anything but can't you-"

"If I fall for my selfish fiance before my righteous parents accepted my self-sacrificing lover, I wonder if things would feel easier." Yunho mused out loud, cutting Jaejoong's words with no care.

Five years ago, after his parents forced him to get engage with a family friend's daughter, his lover disappeared without a trace. He spent every day living in hell, trying to find his lover and at the same time break the engagement. He spent so much time hurting that it all seemed so stupid to accidentally found out his lover had been living with his parents all this time... That he purposefully left him in order to win over his parents just because Jaejoong's so sure he can do it and that Yunho would never betray him with her.. Does it even make any sense? Really? His lover and his family really made a bet like that with Yunho's life? They killed him every day and everything's just like that? A stupid test?

And his anger, his disbelief, his regret, everything, they're just too much to take.

Why did Yunho hurt so much? Why did he?

Why did he live so pitifully all this time? Why?

He started drinking and overwork himself when Jaejoong left but nobody bothered to tell him anything.

Hell, he almost killed himself once and still nobody bothered to come clean!

What was it for? All his pain and longing... Was it worthless to them? Does it mean nothing to them to see him suffer like that?

What kind of monsters are they?

He didn't even agree to any of this.

They could've just be honest with him from the start.

Yunho just couldn't get it.

How could these people he trusted and cared for so much, made fun of him so badly? How could they ridiculed him so cruelly?

Is he a thing?

Did they expect him to feel nothing while they played their game with him in the dark?

What kind of-

The door burst open, stopping his musing. "Yunho! Have you signed it yet? Your fight with Taka's up next. The crowd's really making a fuss out there."

Yunho relaxed instantly. This. This he can handle.

Picking up the agreement, he signed it without finishing his read on the last paragraph. He no longer have the mood to care. He had nothing to lose anyway. Whether he win again or lose, it doesn't matter. He's simply just trying to live. Feel again. After all, it's been quite some time since he let go of everything. He doesn't even care if he's going to die in the ring.

For all it's worth, he's already dead anyway.

"Get out. This is no place for people like you to visit..." Glancing at those people, he spoke quietly. "Jung Yunho's gone. I'm UKNOW."